Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Adjusting Coilovers

Old 08-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
Adjusting Coilovers

Might be kind of a dumb question. I just fixed the rubbing problem of my tires by cranking the coilovers 15 turns. I know they came preset to 2.5 like most of em do. After the 15 turns I wanna know what they are set at. Where to where do I measure to find that out?

Moose
Old 08-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseTX82 View Post
Might be kind of a dumb question. I just fixed the rubbing problem of my tires by cranking the coilovers 15 turns. I know they came preset to 2.5 like most of em do. After the 15 turns I wanna know what they are set at. Where to where do I measure to find that out?

Moose
Best bet is to crank them back up 15 turns, measure, and crank back down again. It's a relative thing so there's no real way of knowing for certain just how much additional lift you gave yourself.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
if u crank them down and measure from the fender to the ground and then crank them back up and measure it again. that will tell u how much lift u got