Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question on Spindles

Old 12-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
GTACO
GTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabriel
GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Question on Spindles

I am getting some Camburg Spindles installed today and I was wondering if the sway bar needs to be removed? I have seen alot of instal pix here and I have seen some with & without the sway bar... Just curious because the shop said the sway bar needs to be removed. Thanks!!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
RMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jay
RMTacoguy30's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the Camburg Spindles you got. There is one that have a provision to keep the sway bar and one that doesn't. I just got mine a few days ago and I ordered the ones with the provision to keep them.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
GTACO
GTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Had no idea there were 2 options...
Old 12-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Well I don't think you got the long travel version so I think your good to go!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
GTACO

GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Just asked the shop... Looks like I got the LT version, so sway bar will be gone. I was told these will work just fine, I guess I was just surprised... Hopefully I have no issues.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTACO View Post
Just asked the shop... Looks like I got the LT version, so sway bar will be gone. I was told these will work just fine, I guess I was just surprised... Hopefully I have no issues.
If you do end up having issues, or not liking the excessive sway, they should be able to drill the spindles to accept the sway bar links.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
GTACO

GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a good idea, thanks!!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #9
GTACO

GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info! I cant wait till its done. I am sure the ride is going to be alot better than my old spacer lift..
Old 12-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: HIARNG
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to thread jack, but im planning to get some camburg spindles in the near future as well, im just curious if these will work in conjunction with tc ucas?

i've read that since spindles keep stock geometry i wouldn't need new ucas but i bought them for my 5100 lift i got on now and would just like to keep them under there. thanks for any info, i guess if there are problems i could just put the stock ucas back in though.

oh and how'd the lift go GTACO?
Old 12-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #12
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Alright that's what i was hoping for! are you running spidertrax for the rear wheels only? i was going to do that too to kind of balance out the stick out.

thanks!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #13
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Naw I got them front and rear. If you get them just for the rear, on paper the rear will stick out 1/2" more than the front. Not very noticeable but still. I'd rather have the front stick out more. And it appears with the spacers up front and the spindles I could buy All Pro's fiberglass fenders and fill them in.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #14
2 is 1, 1 is none.

yeah... i just went through your build thread (very beefy taco you got!) thanks for all the info man, you've cleared up a lot of things, now i can start finalizing my "to do" list!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #16
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
So spindles alone give prerunners 4" of lift?
Old 12-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #18
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, the add coilovers at say 3" and your at 7 friggin inches? Is that right? Not fair!!!