Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front Lift Installed!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Front Lift Installed!!!

I finally descided to Install my lift, I was ganna wait till I got my tires and wheels, but I should be able to get them next month.
Got the Front done today, I will finish it tomarrow and get the front cranked up to 3".
But I need to get a new bolt for my diff drop, bc the bolt Toytec sent me is WAY too long.... I think I should be able to find one at my local hardware store?
Can anyone tell me the length of there Diff. Drop bolts? I think I need a 6 or 7".....

Anyways. heres some pics I took....

Old 12-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new ride up front. Looks good!

How long did that install take you?
Did you hit any snags?

I got all that sitting on the workbench, and I'm waiting for a day-off to install it.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Install went really smooth, of course Ive done all this before..
But yeah its really easy and straight forward....
Did you get the RadFlo's?

If so, they are amazing! Matched with the TC UCA's they ride 10x better then stock! I freakin love it!
it will get stiffer once i crank them up, but thats all right with me. I have about a 1.5" lift right now.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #6

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog2314 View Post
Nice man! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Me either!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
-cluck
cluck024 is just really nicecluck024 is just really nicecluck024 is just really nicecluck024 is just really nicecluck024 is just really nice
Name: Robert
cluck024's Tacoma Gallery
Hey evertaco,

got your pm. Figured I would put this here in case anyone else has more experience with this than I do.

I have my radflo's set at 1.75 inches above the collar and I netted about 2.5 inches of lift. However I would like to go up higher, but dont want to sacrifice ride quality as the new eibachs are quite stiff right now, so Im going to give the springs time to "break in" and then crank em up some more. I talked to the radflo tech guy today to confirm and the ratio with these is about 1.45 inches of lift per inch of threads showing above collar. He did state however that it "Depends on the specific vehicle- not just make and model."

Edit: If you leave it at 1.5 above collar dont try to clear 33's or even 32.5's for that matter. They will rub like crazy, especially on the cab mount. I put on the LR UCA's when my lift was installed and was able to shift the tires forward some, but still hits the cab mount (very little) with 285/70/17 on 17x9 wheel.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Did you get the RadFlo's?
No, I didn't get RadFlo's...I got ICONs and TC UCAs. Still not installed through.

So, How many hours start-to-finish???

Old 12-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #9

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
No, I didn't get RadFlo's...I got ICONs and TC UCAs. Still not installed through.

So, How many hours start-to-finish???
Yesterday we did the front in about 3-4 hours with a break...

then today with the rear... man was a PITA. took us about 6-7 hours bc I stripped the center pin and had to run out twice to get the right one... Buts its all done, and I love it!!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #10

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluck024 View Post
Hey evertaco,

got your pm. Figured I would put this here in case anyone else has more experience with this than I do.

I have my radflo's set at 1.75 inches above the collar and I netted about 2.5 inches of lift. However I would like to go up higher, but dont want to sacrifice ride quality as the new eibachs are quite stiff right now, so Im going to give the springs time to "break in" and then crank em up some more. I talked to the radflo tech guy today to confirm and the ratio with these is about 1.45 inches of lift per inch of threads showing above collar. He did state however that it "Depends on the specific vehicle- not just make and model."

Edit: If you leave it at 1.5 above collar dont try to clear 33's or even 32.5's for that matter. They will rub like crazy, especially on the cab mount. I put on the LR UCA's when my lift was installed and was able to shift the tires forward some, but still hits the cab mount (very little) with 285/70/17 on 17x9 wheel.
thanks for the reply! yeah I kinda figured the ratio was different then the toytecs. I got the rear done today and then cranked the front up to about 3" of lift. have about 2.5" thread showing... I might bring it down though bc im getting a weird noice from my cv's....
Old 12-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
-cluck
cluck024 is just really nicecluck024 is just really nicecluck024 is just really nicecluck024 is just really nicecluck024 is just really nice
Name: Robert
cluck024's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
thanks for the reply! yeah I kinda figured the ratio was different then the toytecs. I got the rear done today and then cranked the front up to about 3" of lift. have about 2.5" thread showing... I might bring it down though bc im getting a weird noice from my cv's....
How does your CV Angles look? If they look ok might be something else. Whats it sound like?
Old 12-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #12

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
its that growning noise that alot of members get after lifting...
I have some fins touching on my cvs. so I might just bring it down, then when I get my tires I will crank them up again...
Old 12-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #13

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I geuss the growling noise is/could be a outer bearing going bad? not sure though... Ive been doing some reading about it. My buddy who has a 07 AC with a 3" lift has no noise or vibes... I wonder why mine does. maybe his is just so worn down that it doesnt make noise anymore?
Old 12-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #14
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Where are the rest of the new pics?!?! And when do tires get put on?!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #15

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
chill man! lol... It was too dark to get pics last night.. Im ganna do some finishing touches to it, and then get some pics up...

hey wolf, you dont happen to have any issue/vibes from your front diff do you?
Old 12-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #16

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
wheels and tires should be put on in a couple weeks hopefully....
Old 12-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #17
Sweet, can't wait it. We should meet up so I can take a closer look too.

I've got slight take off vibes between 5-10 mph when I accelerate fast. Takin it slow I don't feel them. No diff drop.

Haven't really tried to diagnose it, don't know if it's up front or driveline. I might try a carrier bearing drop.

U have any?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #18

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I got a shim in the rear so I dont have any driveline vibes. I do have a little vibe/groaning noise in the front left side. Im pretty sure its just a bearing out of wack from the lift. I just lowered it a little, front sitting just under 3".

I Got Pics!!!!

the rear still need to settle, looks sooo funny/goofy with the small tires.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #19

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
for some reason my rear AAL was pretty easy to do compared to yours. maybe because your truck was soo new...

We should def. meet up sometime...
Old 12-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #20
Yah I shoulda done some shimmys.

Dude that looks great! Wheels tires are gonna transform that baby even more. U figer out what combo ur gonna go with?