Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Is this a good body lift?

Old 12-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
ajreyno1994 is on a distinguished road
ajreyno1994's Tacoma Gallery
Is this a good body lift?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about lifting my truck with the money I get back in income tax and was wondering what my truck would look like if I did a 3 inch body lift and a 3 inch suspension lift. The body lift is what I would get first and I'm wondering if this is a good one. http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...tfamilyid=4421

Please let me know anything that would help, and if anyone has a 3in. body & suspension post it
Old 12-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
There is not to many guys runing body lifts here its really not the best wat to go.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
What do you have Jlee? Your truck looks amazing. How much was your 3 inch lift?
Old 12-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Please dont get a body lift..
Old 12-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
No body lift is really a "good" lift. Just sayin as will many others will.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajreyno1994 View Post
What do you have Jlee? Your truck looks amazing. How much was your 3 inch lift?
Thanks

I have 5100s and Eibach springs in the front and 5150s and a AAL out back. I have AllPro expos but haven't put them on yet.

I payed 750 without the allpro leaf pack
Old 12-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
dont get body lift, get 5100s and at least a block in the back.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If you want 6" get a drop bracket lift like fabtech or procomp. It will look a hell of a lot better than a body lift.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
The only good body lift is the one that's not on your truck.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
The only good body lift is the one that's not on your truck.
or one thats 1" or less.

and just from looking at the hyperlink in the OP's post, no that is not a good choice of body lift lol. stylin trucks?
Old 12-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
well thanks guys for your input. you just saved me 300 dollars. I guess I'm gonna go look up some eibachs now.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #14
its my daily driver (to school and work) but I drive on back roads and stuff like that too and would like to have the reassurance that if I ever put it on some ruff turrain that I'm going to have a suspension that will handle it. Also just the overall appearance of a lifted (to an extent) tacoma is appealing to me.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #15
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
asking, "is this a good body lift?" is like asking, "is this a good way to start ruining my truck?"
Old 12-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The money you spend on the 3" suspension lift then the body lift, and then the money on bumper brackets and everything to try and hide the body lift will end up being almost as expensive as a full 6"
Old 12-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #17
okay panda you can get off my back. thats why i asked before I went out and did it. 16 years old and busting my ass at a minimum wage job to buy stuff for my truck. Would rather not blow that hard earned money on junk so thats why I got on here and asked because all these guys know what they are doing.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #18
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do a body lift! Save your coin if you can't afford to do it right wait till next year. A stock tacoma will go almost anywhere you want to take it with a competent driver and decent tires. Get a set of Icon Vehicle Dynamics coilovers, a set of Deaver springs for the rear with some bilstein shocks. Search the classifieds, they go up for sale cheap all the time...
Old 12-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #19
Yea, thats why I want your guys opinion. If I don't have the money to do it right I will wait until summer and do it then.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #20
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
okay panda you can get off my back. thats why i asked before I went out and did it. 16 years old and busting my ass at a minimum wage job to buy stuff for my truck. Would rather not blow that hard earned money on junk so thats why I got on here and asked because all these guys know what they are doing.
Quote:
Yea, thats why I want your guys opinion. If I don't have the money to do it right I will wait until summer and do it then.
Don't worry man, people are just going to keep telling you not to get it, because most people just read the first post and then reply.