Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Quick question on your opinion on lift//tires

Old 12-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
JohnMatrix is on a distinguished road
JohnMatrix's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question on your opinion on lift//tires

I have a stock 2005 Tacoma, regular cab, base model. Quite frankly I am tired of looking at it. Gotta have it look like a pre-runner. I don't need it off-road capable, im simply going for visual effect.

Basically what I want from you veterans is a good estimated guess on what you think a 3" lift kit // rims tires will cost. I am not asking for a researched answer, or you to look into it, (I will search the forums and the web myself for specifics) but your guesstimate for a simple affordable lift that is of some quality. Nothing half-assed.

Lay it on me~
Old 12-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
lift > 500-700 for parts, 400ish more if you have someone install it
tires > 800
rims > 400-500
Old 12-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
JohnMatrix is on a distinguished road
JohnMatrix's Tacoma Gallery
I should have mentioned, does a 3" lift allow for my wheel wells to fit 17" rims//tires (265/65 R17 tires) ?
Old 12-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
I should have mentioned, does a 3" lift allow for my wheel wells to fit 17" rims//tires (265/65 R17 tires) ?
easy. you could fit 285/75 with a bit of trimming but 265 will have no problem at all
Old 12-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
lift > 500-700 for parts, 400ish more if you have someone install it
tires > 800
rims > 400-500
Tires and rims right on, but you could go with billies in front or a spacer for real cheap, throw and aal in back worst case 300.

Although are you a 5 lug? Do the billies fit on 5 luggers? If not spacers I think should.