1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Light racing control arms

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by das56170, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Sep 24, 2008 at 8:27 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Agreed. thats why for my application i would choose the light racing because there is no ball joint to get dirty and rebuild (my opinion, dont know if its the ball joint or what)

2. Sep 24, 2008 at 8:31 AM
    mr.trd

mr.trd Are you Recreationally Insane?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    You can debate what is best between these all you want, when in the end the best ones out there are the ones on my truck, ICON!!!! You get all the benefits and only a lighter wallet in return...Remember, you get what you pay for and your truck is only as strong as it's weakest link. If you run the nasty stuff the last thing you want is to be broke in the middle of nowhere.

3. Sep 24, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    Neubs

Neubs Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad DC 4X4
    ToyTec 5100 Bilstein Adjustable Coilovers w/ Eibach Springs | OME Darkar Leaf Springs | 5150 10" Bilstein Rear Shocks| Light Racing UCAs | All Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit | Timbren Rear Bumps | Extended Stainless Steel Rear Brake Lines | ARB CKMA12 On-Board Air Compressor | Method 16" Race Wheels | Goodyear 285/70/16 MTR | 48" Hi-Lift Jack | ToyTec Diff Drop | Warn Hitch Shackle | TRD Cold Air Intake | PIAA Intense White Bulbs | PIAA Silicone Wipers | Toyota Bed Mat |Sockmonkey Graphics | 20% Tint | Sport Hood | Scan Gauge II & Blend Mount | Shrockworks Sliders | ARB Bumper | Warn M8000 Winch | Viking Synthetic Winch line | 12-Volt Guy In-Dash Winch Controller | Viking Delrin Rollers | Daystar Winch Isolator| ARB/IPF 900XS Lights | Weather Tech Liners | Rock Lights | Diff Breather Mod | Extra Bed D-Rings | Misc. LED bulbs throughout
  4. Sep 24, 2008 at 7:58 PM
    random hero

random hero Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 "pre" 4runner
    Saw's, 2.0 fox 8" travel rear shocks, downey coils
    WTF is worth the read:confused:, its the typical tc vs. camburg thread thats on 100 forums. I've mentioned both tc & camburg numerous times above, they're both superior to the light racing & all-pro arms. You can't go wrong w/either tc or camburg, and they'll both tell you each of their product's are better

You just can't let it go can you:rolleyes:

5. Sep 24, 2008 at 8:00 PM
    random hero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 "pre" 4runner
    Well said!! so your running the billet Icon UCA's?? Those are sure a nice looking piece, never really seen any trucks running them but i'm guessing thats because they're substantially more $$ if i remember.

6. Sep 24, 2008 at 8:07 PM
    Neubs

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad DC 4X4
    ToyTec 5100 Bilstein Adjustable Coilovers w/ Eibach Springs | OME Darkar Leaf Springs | 5150 10" Bilstein Rear Shocks| Light Racing UCAs | All Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit | Timbren Rear Bumps | Extended Stainless Steel Rear Brake Lines | ARB CKMA12 On-Board Air Compressor | Method 16" Race Wheels | Goodyear 285/70/16 MTR | 48" Hi-Lift Jack | ToyTec Diff Drop | Warn Hitch Shackle | TRD Cold Air Intake | PIAA Intense White Bulbs | PIAA Silicone Wipers | Toyota Bed Mat |Sockmonkey Graphics | 20% Tint | Sport Hood | Scan Gauge II & Blend Mount | Shrockworks Sliders | ARB Bumper | Warn M8000 Winch | Viking Synthetic Winch line | 12-Volt Guy In-Dash Winch Controller | Viking Delrin Rollers | Daystar Winch Isolator| ARB/IPF 900XS Lights | Weather Tech Liners | Rock Lights | Diff Breather Mod | Extra Bed D-Rings | Misc. LED bulbs throughout

I just thought those looking at UCAs might find it interesting and/or educational. Your snide comments are really very unnecessary.

7. Sep 24, 2008 at 8:10 PM
    random hero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 "pre" 4runner
    You dragging this on is unnecessary, and somthing i dont understand.. your previous post's you post up on behalf of the light racing arms, and how they work great, yet now trying to bring to people's attention how the tc arms are superior, whats it going to be?? I think if i were to look back your downplaying uniball arms and telling me how great light racing stuff is, all the while i'm the one who's defended tc/camburgs stuff:p

I'm not going to drag this out any longer, its gone too far and boring people enough im sure

On a side note nice looking truck, what size tires are you running (converted in inches or equal to a 16" rim) Looks sharp man!

8. Sep 24, 2008 at 8:25 PM
    Neubs

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad DC 4X4
    Wow this post shows how ignorant you really are. If you actually read the link you would have learned that some people actually have had issues with the Camburgs, instead you make emotional, illogical, and snide posts. It's cool though, thanks for showing us your true colors. Next time, please try educating yourself on the product you choose to post on. If you need some help please let me know I can point you in the right direction. :thumbsup:

9. Sep 25, 2008 at 7:00 AM
    random hero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 "pre" 4runner
    Im so emotional and snide.. i must be on my period:rolleyes: My true colors are out... NOOOOO:D
    And your right, i know nothing about camburg's products, just spouting b.s. of course... Maybe total caos has a better arm, they should for the added cost i suppose. I personally like camburg stuff better because of the people @ the company, they've been a lot better to deal w/in the past with me than others, and they stand by their stuff. Also wasn't mentioned you get more travel out of the camburg arm, but thats a hole different debate between tc/camburg

EDIT: somthing else not mentioned in the thread you posted, Camburg special makes the uniball piece for our toyota trucks and builds them out of a better/stronger material, were TC uses a standard peice for all of their kits, Does this make camburg superior, NO... Total Chaos superior, NO.. they both have their perks, and both are FAR superior to Light Racing & All Pro

On a serious note now, w/the light racing arms are the balljoints a seperate 1 peice design that bolt in? Do they offer replacement peiece's?

10. Sep 25, 2008 at 8:15 AM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    Yeah they are alot of money, but they are worth it. You get the lightweight aluminum, the uni-ball with a dust cover, a hole drilled and tapped to transfer you factory sensor wires bracket, adjustable heim joints, and the built in caster correction for lifted vehicles... And they really look badass.....

l_09d82ba44d96187179c29ccad4f502ad_2d77e0705633b15f823b25a5f1bd199e24fc7e8b.png

11. Sep 25, 2008 at 8:44 AM
    random hero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 "pre" 4runner
    VERY NICE Mr.TRD, your one of the few truck's i've seen running them, trick looking peice for sure!! I like the billet route, i've seen some of the new class 1's and trophy trucks making the switch to billet upper arms w/good results!

12. Sep 25, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Thanks, I know I like them....and the truck rides 10 times better than stock with no sway bar.

13. Sep 25, 2008 at 8:01 PM
    random hero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 "pre" 4runner
    Ya know i've heard a lot of people say that, do you do any high speed stuff, or more crawling? I do desert style stuff, and wonder if it would be a saftey hazard or not, i need to just take it off one day and see

14. Sep 26, 2008 at 5:29 AM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    I do pretty much all the crawling slow stuff, but I love to go fast. I don't think our fast stuff here is anything like what you have in the desert though. But I can rally a mountain pass and the stability still feels great if that helps any. But to cure my speed rushes I just have to take the bimmer out, that is what it is built to do.

15. Sep 26, 2008 at 5:55 AM
    mlcasey

mlcasey Active Member

Member:
    Goldsboro NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Red TRD sport
    Ive got a question for all of you...Has anybody broke a aftermarket UCA?

16. Sep 26, 2008 at 8:06 AM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    I haven't heard of anyone breaking one. But I am pretty sure that someone has somewhere.....

17. Sep 26, 2008 at 12:23 PM
    random hero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 "pre" 4runner
    There's been a couple guys on TTORA who've snapped the all-pro UCA's, and i beleive mjp2 on this forum, the guy doing the 1000 in the "stock" white tacoma broke one in just a couple of hours testing his truck, but that might have been stock, but i'm 99% sure it was All-Pro as well

18. Sep 26, 2008 at 6:48 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    As far as TC UCA's being noisy, well, mine are well used, kept dirty often, and for 1.5 years they are quiet. I never lube them or anything. As far as the light raceing UCA's vs. Camburg and TC, Cmon. Ball joint vs. Uni Ball. Uniball give more strength and range of motion. And, Having a UCA thats rebuildable vs. Not rebuildable? I would rather have the option of being able to rebuild if nessasary.

19. Sep 26, 2008 at 8:18 PM
    random hero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 "pre" 4runner
    My thoughts exactly!!... but then again, i don't know anything, Nuebs is going to enlighten me on suspension:D

20. Sep 30, 2008 at 9:29 AM
    SCMtaco

SCMtaco Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, ICON Coilovers, Wheelers add-a-leaf w/ 5100s, Black Rock wheels w/ 285/70/17 Firestone Destinationa AT's, USA Spec iPod connector
    Post some pics of your truck, it looks bad ass and I'm lookin into an ICON suspension

Products Discussed in

To Top