1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this a good price for Lift? and a few other ?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Twiostaco, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Dec 24, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    Twiostaco

Twiostaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 White DC TRD Sport
    5100's front set to .85 w/eibach springs, 5100 rear w/toytec 2"AAL, Light Race UCA, 17" Black Rhino Ocotillo wheels, 265/70/17 KO2's, K&N drop in filter, Grill Craft front mesh, one piece driveshaft (vibes gone) rear diff breather mod, BHLM, Fog anytime, 886 reverse bulbs.
    good price? What else do i need to make this up to 3" setup? I plan on off roading a bit but mostly daily driving. I will be eventually getting a small camping trailor to pull as well. What is better for my needs, the OME Dakars? or the toytec AAL? I really want a 3" setup so should I save the money on the dakars and put that towards new upper control arms? OME Lift Kit would come to around $758.00

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Light Duty Kit 1.75"- 2.25" Lift[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Front coils designed for 0 to 110lbs additional FRONT load (winch, bumper, etc.)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Rear designed for 0lbs to GVM additional REAR load (tire carrier, bumper, etc.)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ultimate Light Kit (Includes EVERYTHING) Part# OMETC2ULT[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]- $1125.00[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1](Retail Price - $1532)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Includes:[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 - OME 885 Front Coil Springs[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 - N140S Front Nitrocharger Shock Absorber[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 - OME Dakar CS 047R Rear Leaf Springs[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 - N182 Rear Nitrocharger Shock Absorber[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2 - SB98 Poly Spring Bushing Kits[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]4 - OMEU53A U-Bolts[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1 - FK29 Fitting Kit[/SIZE][/FONT]

2. Dec 24, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you need to save some money- Then yes- Get an AAL and forego the Dakars. But if you can swing it or save a little longer- Do both. Totally worth it IMHO.

3. Dec 24, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    Twiostaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 White DC TRD Sport
    5100's front set to .85 w/eibach springs, 5100 rear w/toytec 2"AAL, Light Race UCA, 17" Black Rhino Ocotillo wheels, 265/70/17 KO2's, K&N drop in filter, Grill Craft front mesh, one piece driveshaft (vibes gone) rear diff breather mod, BHLM, Fog anytime, 886 reverse bulbs.
    So if I go with the Dakars do i still need an AAL to get a 3" lift in back? Does the AAL in the ome lift kit w/out TSB get me 3" in the back? I definately dont wanna sag while towing. Also would front spacer with the lift i posted give me 3" up front? I've been researching but I think i'm on overload from everything i "think" i learned

4. Dec 24, 2010 at 3:23 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    IIRC the Dakars are like 2.5 to 2.75 inches of lift- I wouldn't try to throw an AAL in there. Depending on what you tow- Sag is going to happen...Maybe not all the way to the bump stops- but it will sag some.

You can put a small spacer (like 1/4 inch) on the front to get the full 3 inches.

5. Dec 24, 2010 at 3:31 PM
    Twiostaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 White DC TRD Sport
    Ok so with the front spacer and dakars would the front and back be level? I'm not into the leanback look. If I decide on the cheaper route with the 1/4 spacer and the AAL would that be level?

Products Discussed in

To Top