Notices

X runner lift

Old 12-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
paxr is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt, 1341, HE
Name: Steve
paxr's Tacoma Gallery
X runner lift

I have a 2006 X that I want to lift and turn into more of a desert rig. I already know that your thinking why, no don't do that, thats stupid, all of the above. I have desert trucks and prerunners in my blood and only an X in the driveway. I want to keep my current truck because i love it and make it something different. I need help figuring out how to get the lift out of it, which lifts will fit, and any other considerations. I have experience with lifting vehicles and am a mechanic by trade. I just need to figure out what will and will not work on the X. thanks
Old 12-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW Steve.

Since it's a 5-lug, you should be able to use the same lifts that the base model guys do. Fat Bob's Garage makes a top plate spacer lift.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Can't really help you but I remember reading on ttora about a topic like this. A lot of people over there mentioned it might be a good platform because everything is tucked up under the truck, iirc.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
To the op my advice just do a shit ton of research and keep posted on any progress if you do end up lifting your truck
Old 12-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
this sounds really interesting. OP. cant help much but like said before look at 5 lug kits.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #9
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Remove the body kit and get the total chaos lt
Old 12-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
Old 12-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #11
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
looking forward to seeing a lifted x runner in the future...

Good luck man!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #12
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-x-runner.html
Old 12-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Remove the body kit and get the total chaos
lt
Yup, the TC 5 lug kit is bolt on bad ass. The Xrunner is actually a great platform to build off of for a prerunner, 4.0, strong frame, lightweight, etc.
http://www.chaosfab.com/88000.html
Old 12-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #14
PA Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Navy: GSE
Name: Nyles
Location: East Earl, PA - Tanauan, Philippines - Baghdad, Iraq
PA Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
paxr, have you thought about swapping your truck for a 4X4 Tacoma? I've been thinking of selling my Tacoma for an X.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #15
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Yup, the TC 5 lug kit is bolt on bad ass. The Xrunner is actually a great platform to build off of for a prerunner, 4.0, strong frame, lightweight, etc.
The frame on the X isn't the same as every other '05+ AC out there?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #16
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
The frame on the X isn't the same as every other '05+ AC out there?
Nope. Pretty close, but it's more rigid with the X brace and the front end is a little different. It doesn't have all the vsc/trac bullshit like the 6 luggers either.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #17
paxr's Tacoma Gallery
The frame has the X braces. Thats about the only difference I know of. So what I'm hearing is that a kit for a 5 lug will bolt up. I'll be putting the rear axle under the leafs and then the rear is pretty straight forward, can do block, add a leaf, or maybe try and mod the shackle setup. The front end is really the area where I want to be sure of the fitment before I pull the trigger and order a kit for it.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #18
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
^these two, if you have the money, if not there is the regular TC mid travel with UCA's and coilovers or the fatbob's/readylift spacer lifts,

that is also if the xrunner and base model are the same but i believe they are if base models can ran the sittin sic and djm stuff

goodluck with your search, if you do end up lifting keep us posted!
Old 12-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #19
paxr's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in contact with TC right now and ORW so we'll see what they have to say. I saw the TC mid travel kit with the new UCA and coilovers. That looks like a good option for me. The long travel would be a big hit to my toy fund.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:18 AM   #20
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxr View Post
I'm in contact with TC right now and ORW so we'll see what they have to say. I saw the TC mid travel kit with the new UCA and coilovers. That looks like a good option for me. The long travel would be a big hit to my toy fund.
yeah i think the UCA's are a good option, its definitely better than stock

check out naked's build he's got a sick truck that has teh mid-travel and LT in the rear, hes taken through some jumps and i believe its fine haha

here's a link to it http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-off-road.html