1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear leaf spring TSB done...initial thoughts

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by seachicken27, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dec 27, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    seachicken27

seachicken27 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Richmond VA
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport
    Well, just had the rear spring TSB done on my 2010 DCLB Sport. My initial thought was, "thank God it drives like a truck now." I am glad I did it, even though I was hesitant because I was afraid it would ride like cement truck. It feels more responsive and even handles better now. Maybe it's an illusion, but it also feels like I gained about an inch of lift as well. I'm getting a Leer 100XR put on in a couple weeks, which is why I had it done to start with. So if you're having doubts about getting the TSB done....just do it. You'll be happy in the end.

2. Dec 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    MY09YOTA

MY09YOTA Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Northern Va.
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Off Road
    I'm sure it's posted somewhere on the forum but all the links that I click on to view the TSB will not show up... With that said, does anyone know where I can find a copy of the TSB? I'd like to have one in hand when I go to the dealership. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out on this...

3. Dec 28, 2010 at 3:21 PM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    My truck handled better and looked better after it was installed.

Try the attachment.

Attached Files:

4. Dec 29, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    MY09YOTA

MY09YOTA Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Northern Va.
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Off Road
    That one worked. I appreciate it. Time to take it in and see how it goes...

5. Dec 29, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    zx6rman96

zx6rman96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 TRD off road
    JVC HD-60 tinted windows Black paitned TRD wheels 6000k Bi Xexon HID's Laminx yellow (fogs's) Rear TSB

The TSB, is supposed to be for dealers eyes only, dont know what they would say if you brought it in, tho my dealer said " yes i know the TSB is all over the internet"

6. Dec 30, 2010 at 11:29 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    You're welcome! Good luck!

7. Dec 30, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    tony92629

tony92629 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Dana Point
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma Prerunner
    5100's all the way around. Front set at .85. Camburg Spindles. Camburg Uniball 1.25 UCA's. Total Chaos LCA skid plates. Custom Deaver 10 pack rear leaf spring. BFG AT KO's 285/70/17, Weathertech floor liners, Wet Okoles. Midland CB/PA, Firestick.

The problem is that the dealers try to BS you in thinking nothing is wrong with your truck when there are tons of people with the same problem.

The TSB's are great - I had the rear leaf pack upgraded to the 4 leaf pack and it improved the ride and load capacity.

I also started hearing a weird noise from my interior blower fan - The service guy said he didn't hear anything unusual. WTH? are you kidding me? I researched it and many Tacoma owners have the same problem and YES, there was a TSB for fixing it.

Seams like the dealers and Toyota will try to get out of fixing any problems if they can. Unless they are forced to. With access to the TSB's on line - it really helps the consumer gain leverage in fixing problems.

8. Dec 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Agree 1000%!!
    Nice looking truck Tony :thumbsup:

9. Jan 4, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    b0undbywater

b0undbywater New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 2wd Double Cab
    Any suggestions on what to do to correct this problem if I'm over the 36 month 36000 mile warranty?

Products Discussed in

To Top