Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear leaf spring TSB done...initial thoughts

Old 12-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
seachicken27 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
seachicken27's Tacoma Gallery
Rear leaf spring TSB done...initial thoughts

Well, just had the rear spring TSB done on my 2010 DCLB Sport. My initial thought was, "thank God it drives like a truck now." I am glad I did it, even though I was hesitant because I was afraid it would ride like cement truck. It feels more responsive and even handles better now. Maybe it's an illusion, but it also feels like I gained about an inch of lift as well. I'm getting a Leer 100XR put on in a couple weeks, which is why I had it done to start with. So if you're having doubts about getting the TSB done....just do it. You'll be happy in the end.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
MY09YOTA is on a distinguished road
Marines: Helicopter Mechanic in secret squirrel place...
Name: Steven
MY09YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure it's posted somewhere on the forum but all the links that I click on to view the TSB will not show up... With that said, does anyone know where I can find a copy of the TSB? I'd like to have one in hand when I go to the dealership. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out on this...
Old 12-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY09YOTA View Post
I'm sure it's posted somewhere on the forum but all the links that I click on to view the TSB will not show up... With that said, does anyone know where I can find a copy of the TSB? I'd like to have one in hand when I go to the dealership. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out on this...
My truck handled better and looked better after it was installed.

Try the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T-SB-0305-08 Rev 1[1].pdf (2.36 MB, 89 views)
Old 12-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
MY09YOTA is on a distinguished road
Marines: Helicopter Mechanic in secret squirrel place...
Name: Steven
MY09YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
That one worked. I appreciate it. Time to take it in and see how it goes...
Old 12-29-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
zx6rman96 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
zx6rman96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The TSB, is supposed to be for dealers eyes only, dont know what they would say if you brought it in, tho my dealer said " yes i know the TSB is all over the internet"
Old 12-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That one worked. I appreciate it. Time to take it in and see how it goes...
You're welcome! Good luck!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
tony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nice

Name: Tony
tony92629's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rman96 View Post
The TSB, is supposed to be for dealers eyes only, dont know what they would say if you brought it in, tho my dealer said " yes i know the TSB is all over the internet"

The problem is that the dealers try to BS you in thinking nothing is wrong with your truck when there are tons of people with the same problem.

The TSB's are great - I had the rear leaf pack upgraded to the 4 leaf pack and it improved the ride and load capacity.

I also started hearing a weird noise from my interior blower fan - The service guy said he didn't hear anything unusual. WTH? are you kidding me? I researched it and many Tacoma owners have the same problem and YES, there was a TSB for fixing it.

Seams like the dealers and Toyota will try to get out of fixing any problems if they can. Unless they are forced to. With access to the TSB's on line - it really helps the consumer gain leverage in fixing problems.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony92629 View Post

The problem is that the dealers try to BS you in thinking nothing is wrong with your truck when there are tons of people with the same problem.

The TSB's are great - I had the rear leaf pack upgraded to the 4 leaf pack and it improved the ride and load capacity.

I also started hearing a weird noise from my interior blower fan - The service guy said he didn't hear anything unusual. WTH? are you kidding me? I researched it and many Tacoma owners have the same problem and YES, there was a TSB for fixing it.

Seams like the dealers and Toyota will try to get out of fixing any problems if they can. Unless they are forced to. With access to the TSB's on line - it really helps the consumer gain leverage in fixing problems.
Agree 1000%!!
Nice looking truck Tony
Old 01-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
b0undbywater is on a distinguished road
b0undbywater's Tacoma Gallery
Any suggestions on what to do to correct this problem if I'm over the 36 month 36000 mile warranty?