Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

steering wheel slightly jacked after OME lift

Old 12-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
jcleve is on a distinguished road

jcleve's Tacoma Gallery
steering wheel slightly jacked after OME lift

Just finished my OME 885 coils and AALs in the rear. The first test drive revealed that the steering wheel is now just a little crooked to the left. I know I need an alignment after the lift, but is this a common phenomenon? I'm confident that I assembled everything correctly.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I did not notice any change in the wheel alignment.
I am sure the shop that does the alignment will be able to adjust it.
Just wondering why it changed??
Old 12-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
It will be fixed after the alignment. It's usually a toe issue, but any changes to your alignment can take the steering off center.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
...This is why you need an alignment after lifting...your steering wheel is jacked....because the truck is out of alignment!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
...This is why you need an alignment after lifting...your steering wheel is jacked....because the truck it out of alignment!
x2 get an alignment asap