Notices

2-3" Lift for 2011 DC LB 4x4

Old 12-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Rhody76 will become famous soon enough
Name: Chris
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
2-3" Lift for 2011 DC LB 4x4

Hi All,
I am looking into a lift for my new double cab LB 4x4 and would like to get opinions/advice on what route I should go. I am not looking for a lot of height, 3" max, and do not do serious off roading although I do load her up with heavy material quite often and also tow a 4000 lb boat from time to time. Mainly I am just looking for a more agressive stance and don't want too stiff of a ride.

I also am wondering if there are limitations because I dont have a TRD. Most of the lifted trucks I have seen on this forum have the TRD package.

I would love to see some photos of any lifted long beds out there.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Old 12-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
All the kits that work for the TRD models also work on all 6-lug tacomas.

I would recommend Bilstein 5100's. They are a shock with an adjustable spring perch that preloads your factory springs to get different amounts of lift. You can set them to 0.85", 1.75" or 2.5".

They are under $200 for the fronts from Down South Motorsports and Wheelers Offroad.

Plenty more info on them if you do a quick search. There's also a few threads around here that are exclusively pictures of lifted DCLB's.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
Can they be installed on front and rear for a level appearance or are more components needed? I thought there was more to it. Thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the rear TSB? Is that an add a leaf?
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
I just lifted my 09 dc lb 4x4 and I used Icon front coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leafs and Total Chaos upper control arms. Ride is great and have had not issues at all so far. had the truck back a week and been driving as much as I can.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody76 View Post
Can they be installed on front and rear for a level appearance or are more components needed? I thought there was more to it. Thanks
No the rear shocks do not provide lift. You will need an add-a-leaf to level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody76 View Post
Whats the rear TSB? Is that an add a leaf?
It is a entirely new leaf pack, provided by toyota. Sear "leaf tsb" to find out more.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. This info gives me a good starting point.

BTW. sweet FJ SE wheels. How do you like em?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
Hmong Dude
kansay is on a distinguished road

Name: Kansay Vue
kansay's Tacoma Gallery
08 tacoma dbl cab 2.5 lift

Hi Guys, I'm new here and I just have a question about my lift. I've just done the rear leaf TSB done by toyota and it seems that I got a 1.5 in lift. I've ordered a 2.5 in front end lift, will it be different for the front and back, or will it level my front to back. I haven't put it in yet but wanted some info b4 starting. Anything will help.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansay View Post
Hi Guys, I'm new here and I just have a question about my lift. I've just done the rear leaf TSB done by toyota and it seems that I got a 1.5 in lift. I've ordered a 2.5 in front end lift, will it be different for the front and back, or will it level my front to back. I haven't put it in yet but wanted some info b4 starting. Anything will help.

Thanks
Welcome to TW. The 1.5 out back will settle to 1" pretty soon.
You will be nose-high if your lift is 2.5". Check out my build thread in my sig. I have the TSB and bilstein 5100's set to 1.75 and I'm perfectly level.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
Kansay which front end lift did you get? How did the new springs affect the ride?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #12
Hmong Dude

kansay's Tacoma Gallery
Rhody76,

The car seems very stiff after the TSB replacement. Don't know if it's the new leaf spring that's giving me that issue so will have to see when it settle down. Going over bumps I can feel every inches of the roads and I really like a smooth ride.

KPT,

I just got the 2.5 inch add-on on the top of the spring and don't know if that's really good way to go. I just wanted to try it out and see how it is but still waiting to see. Like your ride that you got, and that's the way that I want to go. Got it off ebay for 50 bucks so I wanted to try it on. It came in today and I measure it and it's only 1 and 1/4 height. Don't even know if it'll even raise my truck up as i like.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
KPT,

I just got the 2.5 inch add-on on the top of the spring and don't know if that's really good way to go. I just wanted to try it out and see how it is but still waiting to see. Like your ride that you got, and that's the way that I want to go. Got it off ebay for 50 bucks so I wanted to try it on. It came in today and I measure it and it's only 1 and 1/4 height. Don't even know if it'll even raise my truck up as i like.
Hate to tell you but that's the worst possible type of lift IMO. All it does is force the whole shock and lca assembly downward. It really stresses the ball joints. Also by lengthening the shock like that, your bump stops are now useless. You will bottom out the shock before hitting them.

On the height issue, spacers lift twice their thickness, so the 1.25" spacer will give you 2.5" of lift.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #14
Hmong Dude

kansay's Tacoma Gallery
KPT,

So what do you recommend on getting for the front shocks?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
KPT,

So what do you recommend on getting for the front shocks?
If you are on budget, you can't go wrong with bilstein 5100's. They have an adjustable spring perch that preloads your stock springs to lift the truck. You can set them at 0.85", 1.75", or 2.5". They are under $200 at down south motorsports and wheelers offroad.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #16
Hmong Dude

kansay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
If you are on budget, you can't go wrong with bilstein 5100's. They have an adjustable spring perch that preloads your stock springs to lift the truck. You can set them at 0.85", 1.75", or 2.5". They are under $200 at down south motorsports and wheelers offroad.
So these shock doesnt come with new spring and it should fit right in with my stock spring?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So these shock doesnt come with new spring and it should fit right in with my stock spring?
Yep they were designed to be used with stock springs, and to dampen the added stiffness of preloading the springs.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
Hmong Dude

kansay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Yep they were designed to be used with stock springs, and to dampen the added stiffness of preloading the springs.
cool man, so it's the 5100's right, not anything else that i needed to get this to work?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #19
Hmong Dude

kansay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansay View Post
cool man, so it's the 5100's right, not anything else that i needed to get this to work?
I see there are the Bilstein 5100 Series Monotube Gas Struts and the Bilstein 5100 Series Monotube Gas Adjustable Struts. Which one i should go with?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see there are the Bilstein 5100 Series Monotube Gas Struts and the Bilstein 5100 Series Monotube Gas Adjustable Struts. Which one i should go with?
The adjustable ones.