LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Is this rear stock and non tsb?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
jimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant future

Navy: AC3 got out in '99
jimmyzshack's Tacoma Gallery
Is this rear stock and non tsb?

The rear seems high to me for it to be stock and there are spacers on the front. I have 5100's coming in today for the front and the rear. I plan to do the rear myself and take it in for the front. I don't plan on doing aal so trying to figure out where to set the 5100's. right now the front is about 1/2" higher than the rear from the ground to the top of the finder with the spacers I don't know what the lift is on the spacers. I don't want the front to be higher if anything a little lower than rear.

this is how it sits
Old 12-29-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
it looks like only 3 leaf springs to me, so i would say its stock but its hard to see
Old 12-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
jimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant future

Old 12-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like 4 to me? Stock with an AAL?

Or is that just a pad between the leafs and the overload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzshack View Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
looks like upside down aal lol
Old 12-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
looks like upside down aal lol
Agreed.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Agreed.
figures, This is one down fall to buying used. getting frustrated with what is suppose to be my new truck. lol so now what? flip the small pad thing over following the instructions like i was going to be installing a AAL.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
in the first pick, i looks like it might only be 5-7in or so, looks like just a pad..no aal is that short...is it metal?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #11

Just went and check, it's rubber.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Looks to me from top to bottom...
2 leaf's, a rubber pad, then overload spring?

edit: If that's not a rubber pad and is in fact a aal it looks upsidedown like mentioned earlier.
+2, looks like 3 leaf crap pack that is sagging with some kind of pad crammed in there. Mine looked similar to this minus the pad before adding the AALs. No TSB for me either since it was used and past 36k. Just get some AALs. Mine has been fine with AALs. Much more like it should have been.......except they all should have had the 4 leaf packs to begin with.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
..........and you might wanna ditch the base model black Tokicos for some bilsteins. The yellow/blue ones can be had cheap in FS pretty often or just go 5100s.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
..........and you might wanna ditch the base model black Tokicos for some bilsteins. The yellow/blue ones can be had cheap in FS pretty often or just go 5100s.
5100's come in today. taking the spacer crap off the front and putting them on. I was trying to figure out if the back was raised are not to see how high to set the 5100's to lvl or nose slightly lower.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #15
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
+2, looks like 3 leaf crap pack that is sagging with some kind of pad crammed in there. Mine looked similar to this minus the pad before adding the AALs. No TSB for me either since it was used and past 36k. Just get some AALs. Mine has been fine with AALs. Much more like it should have been.......except they all should have had the 4 leaf packs to begin with.
Yep...the front is higher due to the rear sagging. I got a 2" aal in back and raised the front 2" and have a 1" rake (the back sits higher than the front with the weight of a canopy.)