scottj is on a distinguished road
scottj's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp Stage 1 to Stage 2 review

2007 Tacoma 4x4 Access cab
Pro Comp six inch
LR UCA's
18 inch monsters
295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers

So I was never happy with the way the Pro Comp 6 inch stage 1 kit rode. The ride was very jarring and I had bump steer like crazy. It seemed to me that the extra weight of the Nitto M/T's were too much for the factory struts to handle. I couldn't find any reviews of someone who did the upgrade to see the difference so here you go:

I installed the stage 2 upgrade kit and what a difference. Truck rides like factory again. Bumps in the road are much smoother and it seems to have helped with the bump steer as well. Money well spent.

I thought about going with the Icon coilovers but my truck is a street truck and the current $400 rebate Pro Comp is offering works on the upgrade kit bringing it down to about $720. Can't beat that price for coilovers and adjustable shocks.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
nice job. cant beet that kinda deal. congrats.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
what website did you find the kit that cheap? I been lookin lowest I can find for a stage one is 1,036.00
Old 12-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
scottj is on a distinguished road
scottj's Tacoma Gallery
It qualifies for the current $400 mail in rebate ProComp is offering. Its on the list and I called them to confirm. Ordered mine from 4wheelparts.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
oh ok thanks!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I would never, ever, lift these trucks and leave the factory shocks in place. Pro comp stage 1 by itself makes no sense to me unless it's purely for posing. Good call moving to stage 2.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: DAV
Name: michael
07speedwayblue's Tacoma Gallery
Not trying to jack your thread or anything , but hopefully in the next month or so I`m goint to have the procomp stage 1 installed on my wife!s truck. Down the road i want to upgrade to coilovers , but for now I`m going to have to stick with the standard front shock.
So here is my question what would be a better replacement for the front stock shock that isn`t a coilover ?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
bilstien 5100's
Old 01-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Billies and OME springs should improve the ride quality and are relatively cheap