Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear leaf tsb vs. Aal

Old 12-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
MRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to behold

Name: Marco
MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Rear leaf tsb vs. Aal

Hey guys I tried searching but couldn't find an exact answer. I have been denied in numerous dealers for the rear leaf tsb because of the mileage on my truck. I am going to lift the truck soon 2.5 and was planning on getting a AAL in the rear.

Now my question is, is having the tsb done plus the toytec AAL (tsb version) pretty much the same thing as just having the toytec AAL (non tsb version). I know the rear truck height will be about the same, but will the ride quality be the same as well?

Should I keep trying to get the rear tsb done, whether its free or if I pay for it, or am I better off just going straight to the toytec AAL without getting the tsb done?

Thanks in advance and if this is a easy question, sorry for my n00bness
Old 12-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
MRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to behold

Name: Marco
MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by milfhunter View Post
the tsb leaf pack has four leafs vs. the non-tsb has three. It also adds about an inch to you rear end plus the ride is slightly more "sporty". The rear won't bottom out. So if you add a AAL either pack will become slightly stiffer.
Thanks for the reply. So are you saying either way the ride will be about the same? I might not be able to get the tsb done unless I pay for it, so i was just worried that if I went straight with a toytec AAL, I would be missing out in something.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by milfhunter View Post
the tsb leaf pack has four leafs vs. the non-tsb has three. It also adds about an inch to you rear end plus the ride is slightly more "sporty". The rear won't bottom out. So if you add a AAL either pack will become slightly stiffer.
Interesting, I didn't notice any change in rear ride height after having the tsb done
Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
Reepur is on a distinguished road
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
I used the non-tsb Toytec AAL with a 2.5" lift. The trucks sits level and to your question, the ride is firmer, but not hostile. I like it. Maybe it is the rear Billies that help, I dont know. but I recommend it.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
^ Everytime I see your truck sometimes I wish I got a regular cab instead of my DC
Old 12-31-2010, 06:37 AM   #7
Reepur is on a distinguished road
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
Well yesterday I took it on a 200 mile trip, mostly interstate and over those crappy pavement separations. The truck actually rides better than stock IMO. I love it.