Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TRD lift/rake question

Old 12-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
RRDave is on a distinguished road
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
TRD lift/rake question

Hey Everyone,

I have an 08 DC TRD sport and I'm just curious as to whether or not there's any difference in the stock amount of rake between models? My plan is to do a slight lift, maybe 2.5" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. My question is, in doing so, will I be nose high, level or lower in the front than rear? I noticed the readylift leveling kit is 2.25" in the front so logically if I go .25" higher in the front and 1.5" in the rear then I'd have a slight rake. That being said, I don't know how the .25" actually affects the geometry of the front end and if that translates .25" higher.

Any comments are appreciated. And if anyone as pics of this set up I'd love to see them. I know there are tons of pics of lifts here, but haven't read this exact set up.

Cheers
Old 12-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Ditch the readylift and go with Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5" up front, and a 1.5" AAL in the back, and you will be level.

$300 or so to do that, and it's a much better quality lift than any spacer.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
Reepur is on a distinguished road
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Ditch the readylift and go with Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5" up front, and a 1.5" AAL in the back, and you will be level.

$300 or so to do that, and it's a much better quality lift than any spacer.
I just did this lift and it sits level. (I have the DSM UCA also) But you should get the results you are looking for. I love it so far...day 3
Old 12-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
urbanplanner has a brilliant futureurbanplanner has a brilliant futureurbanplanner has a brilliant futureurbanplanner has a brilliant futureurbanplanner has a brilliant futureurbanplanner has a brilliant futureurbanplanner has a brilliant futureurbanplanner has a brilliant futureurbanplanner has a brilliant futureurbanplanner has a brilliant futureurbanplanner has a brilliant future
urbanplanner's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2" in the front and 1" in the rear on a 06 DC OR and it's level.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
RRDave is on a distinguished road
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies. So as a follow up, anyone have any comments on AAL vs a block in the back? I really don't need the added payload and would like to avoid stiffening the ride anymore than needed. Would it be unwise to only put 5100's in the front and either AAL or blocks in the back? (in the interest of $$)

urbanplanner: do you have any pics? What size tires are your running with this?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Mine's 5100s all around, 2.5 up front with 1.5 AAL and I have 1.25 higher in back. But mine is prerunner and I have AAL shoved into the 3 leaf crap TSB packs.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Mine's 5100s all around, 2.5 up front with 1.5 AAL and I have 1.25 higher in back. But mine is prerunner and I have AAL shoved into the 3 leaf crap TSB packs.
Yours sits higher cause of the TSB packs. Mine sits level with the 3-leaf non TSB pack.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDave View Post
Thanks for the replies. So as a follow up, anyone have any comments on AAL vs a block in the back? I really don't need the added payload and would like to avoid stiffening the ride anymore than needed. Would it be unwise to only put 5100's in the front and either AAL or blocks in the back? (in the interest of $$)
Here this poll should help you decide AAL vs. block

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ift-2-gen.html
Old 12-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
kd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rocky
kd8awe's Tacoma Gallery
What if you want to keep the stock rake but want a 3" lift ?
Old 12-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8awe View Post
What if you want to keep the stock rake but want a 3" lift ?
You will need a 3" block or a new leaf pack.

Or I guess you could do a combo 2" AAL and 1" block.

No one makes a 3" add-a-leaf that I've seen.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reepur View Post
I just did this lift and it sits level. (I have the DSM UCA also) But you should get the results you are looking for. I love it so far...day 3

Did you find you had to do the UCA's because of space issues?
Old 12-31-2010, 07:44 AM   #12
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::childstoy:: View Post
Did you find you had to do the UCA's because of space issues?
I got the UCA's when I ordered the lift from Downsouthmotorsports because
1. I had the $$$$
2. I wanted to eliminate as much as possible any alignment issues.
3. Wheel clearance was not a consideration for me since I am going to use those stock 16" steelies with 1.25" spacers, just cant afford my tires yet.

I can say that those DSM (Desert Specialties) UCA's are beefy, high quality,
and a breeze to install. Not sure if they would give me more wheel clearance or not if I did chose do do a new set of wheels.