Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Finally new Dakar Springs!!

Old 12-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
I hate Commie Libs!
GearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gear
GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Finally new Dakar Springs!!

Hey guys finally got new Dakar spring courtesy of Sierra Expeditions in Tempe, Arizona. They ride great!

Before:

Tina Before by Gkmisner, on Flickr

After:

Tina After by Gkmisner, on Flickr
Old 12-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
what was your setup before? front and rear?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
I couldn't get past your avatar? did I miss something
Old 12-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester156 View Post
I couldn't get past your avatar? did I miss something
Yeah all I saw was Tig Ol' Bitties.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
I hate Commie Libs!
GearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
what was your setup before? front and rear?
It had the Revtech (spell) lift from the factory which I think is about a 3 inch lift. I know you can't really tell from the first picture but my ass was sagging pretty bad
Old 12-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
i love my set of ome's. I did not install the shims that came with them. I have not had a vibrations or problems at all. Glad you like em... my 2010 with 5k also looked like the springs sagged way too much. I love the height it added and now am able to load the bed up with some heavy stuff and able to handle it.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
FFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really nice
Name: Dan
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
How do the Dakars stack up vs. the Stock leaf packs? Is there increased hauling capacity? I would love a set of these vs. blocks or an AAL, but don't want to lose the ability to haul stuff. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #9
I hate Commie Libs!

GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRNDAN View Post
How do the Dakars stack up vs. the Stock leaf packs? Is there increased hauling capacity? I would love a set of these vs. blocks or an AAL, but don't want to lose the ability to haul stuff. Thanks!
I think these springs increase your load capacity. I know they come with an overload spring for when you load up the bed. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea gear! It looks mean man! We need to hit a trail soon. Me and Cortland were talking about that today...maybe a Sedona trail. It'd be nice to get outta town for a day and soak up some scenery
Old 12-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #12
KAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
KAWAIANIANI's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone thinks he(op) realizes we are just getting him to talk so we can get his avatar to show up over and over again
Old 12-31-2010, 07:48 AM   #13
I hate Commie Libs!

GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWAIANIANI View Post
Does anyone thinks he(op) realizes we are just getting him to talk so we can get his avatar to show up over and over again
I will just reply to everyones comments...
Old 12-31-2010, 07:51 AM   #14
I hate Commie Libs!

GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Hell yea gear! It looks mean man! We need to hit a trail soon. Me and Cortland were talking about that today...maybe a Sedona trail. It'd be nice to get outta town for a day and soak up some scenery
Yeah man let me know I am off till January 3rd. If worse comes to worse we can just hit up table mesa or something. I think I have to retorque the ubots after 100 miles, but I can just bring a torque wrench out there