Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's and Add-A-Leaf Install

Old 12-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
5100's and Add-A-Leaf Install

A long, heavy box arrived today. A Christmas present to myself.

My wife is going to kill me!!!

I'll post pics of the before, install, and after.

Cheers.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
Do you currently have 3 leafs or 4? Do all canadian tacomas have 4 leafs?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
A long, heavy box arrived today. A Christmas present to myself.

My wife is going to kill me!!!

I'll post pics of the before, install, and after.

Cheers.

Yes, yes she will
Old 12-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC47 View Post
Do you currently have 3 leafs or 4? Do all canadian tacomas have 4 leafs?
I currently have 4. All Canadian Tacomas come with 4.

Just checked my local shop. They will charge me $120 to install the 5100's and another $120 to install the leafs. Not too bad! I think I will just let them do it.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
My truck has 4 leafs. When I install the AAL (i.e. a 5th leaf), will I need to use longer U-Bolts?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
When I had Saint John Springworks install my 5th leaf they used longer U-bolts. That setup is mine exactly and it looks great, you're going to love it! (Your wife will too )

Are you staying with your stock rear shocks?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good!!!

Yes I'm sticking with the stock rear shocks for now. I'll install the rear 5100's in a couple months.

I'm gettin' excited!!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to set your 5100's at 2.5? I just ordered a pair for the front, and wondering if I should set them at 1.75 and leave it like that, or set them at 2.5 and aal in the back. Can I ask how much you paid for the leafs?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC47 View Post
Are you going to set your 5100's at 2.5? I just ordered a pair for the front, and wondering if I should set them at 1.75 and leave it like that, or set them at 2.5 and aal in the back. Can I ask how much you paid for the leafs?
I'm setting them at 2.5. My rear suspension already has 4 leafs and I'm adding the 1.5 AAL.

I got the 5100's, rear AAL, and the U-Bolts for $300 brand new from someone here on the forum.

Cheers.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
Canuckwithatruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Ross
Canuckwithatruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm setting them at 2.5. My rear suspension already has 4 leafs and I'm adding the 1.5 AAL.

I got the 5100's, rear AAL, and the U-Bolts for $300 brand new from someone here on the forum.

Cheers.

Do you have any pictures yet? Before and after? I am looking to do the same with my truck. My truck was bought in Canada in it only has a 3 leaf pack. I think they only started putting the 4 leaf pack in Canada later on.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #12
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #13
RRDave is on a distinguished road
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
bump

I'm in Halifax, NS and looking to do the exact same set up on my 08 TRD sport DC

before and after pics would be awesome
Old 01-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension is still sitting in my garage. I am COMPLETELY broke after Christmas.

I'll get them installed in February. The wait is driving me crazy.

Some times I go to the garage and hold them!! LOL..

Cheers.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #15
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Suspension is still sitting in my garage. I am COMPLETELY broke after Christmas.

I'll get them installed in February. The wait is driving me crazy.

Some times I go to the garage and hold them!! LOL..

Cheers.
Yeah I know the feeling. I purchased the majority of my parts for my SAS in february, and didn't get to the install till september... Looking at $6,500 of parts on your garage floor for 7 months really sucks ass.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #16
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Woot! Had a beer with the owner of my local garage tonight. He said he would charge $50/hour if I paid cash. So the install of the shocks and leafs will be $200!!

Now I just need $200 lol.

Can't wait for Feb.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #17
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension is still sitting in my garage. I forgot that I had to buy plane tickets for my wife and daughter to go the Newfoundland for her swimming competition. Damn!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
day42 is on a distinguished road

day42's Tacoma Gallery
$200 cash is a sweet deal though. Looking forward to seeing the before & afters.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #19
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Still no suspension installed!!! I was going to get it installed earlier this month but one of the kids dropped something in the basement corner one-piece shower and put a freekin' hole in the floor. So ........ $600 later, we have a new shower but no extra cash for me!!!! I also had to replace the floor tiles and I will paint later this week.

April HAS to be a better month!!! I get three pays this month (fingers crossed)!!

Cheers.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #20
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Appointment booked for next week on Monday at 1:00pm.

I'm getting excited!!!

Next post will be before and afters with 5100's set at 2.5 plus rear add-a-leaf (this is a 5th leaf ... came stock with 4 leafs in Canada).

My wife says, "if you are spending that money on your truck ... I get to spend the same amount on clothes". I, of course, said "fill your boots!!! And you will have more to spend when I get new tires!!" LMAO Good news is that she is only 5"4" so she won't be able to get into the truck after I install the lift and tires so I'll have peace and quiet when drive around in my Taco!! JK

Cheers.