1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What lift would suite my needs?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TRDKenE, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Jan 2, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE [OP] DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    Hello all, I have pretty much researched all of the suspension options, but I am just perplexed as to which one will suite my needs I don't want to go overboard and spend money on something I am never going to use to its full potential but then again I don't want to get something that I am going to exceed its potential.

95% of my driving will be on pavement. In the summers I frequent the beach and do some beach running. Some snow here and there in the winters and maybe a light off-road excursion once in awhile.

I have the TSB installed on the rear so I want to level out BUT i don't like the idea of preloading my springs I like the adjustability of the coil overs, but im pretty sure I don't need resivoirs but dont know that I really need coilovers. I like the 5100s and was thinking about the toytec eibach spring to level it out some. But I don't know if I will be exceeding any type of potential. I would love to do a set of coil overs but I have heard hit or miss on the toytec coil overs.

Basically I just want a good ride on rode since that is where most of my driving will be BUT want to have the potential to push it some. I will buy whatever I need too but I just don't want to buy something thats potential will never be used....can anyone help me sort this shit out b/c I have a headache...lol

2. Jan 2, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    5100 billies.you will be fine.

3. Jan 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    See my comments in red.

4. Jan 2, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE [OP] DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    I will re phrase I don't like preloading factory springs that are not meant to be preloaded. I understand that the spring on a coilover is preloaded when adjusted but it is my understanding that they are made to take the pre-load.

So the billies with the eibachs will suffice?

5. Jan 2, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alright if you are not comfortable preloading the factory springs, then it sounds like the eibachs and billys will be your best option.

Products Discussed in

To Top