Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Challenge, who has the most budget friendly lift out there(i.e. cheapest)

Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #41
revhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Manny
revhappyleon's Tacoma Gallery
someone tell me what i did wrong in a calm logical manner and i'll change the shocks out for my originals the day i get home from florida(i got a spare set from a friend otherwise i wouldn't have tried this)
Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #42
Valdosta State University
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Orrin
Taco GTR's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #44
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
At least we have safe vehicles on this side of the country!
Ya think so??

Old 01-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #45
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Well in my opinion what you did wrong was the whole thing. Not trying to be harsh, but for your safety never try to make your own lift!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #47
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappyleon View Post
someone tell me what i did wrong in a calm logical manner and i'll change the shocks out for my originals the day i get home from florida(i got a spare set from a friend otherwise i wouldn't have tried this)
It is extremely dangerous not to mention the fact that your shock is no longer capable of doing what it was designed to do.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #48
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
To add, please don't try to drive cross country on these...we'd have to put you in the darwin award runnings...
Old 01-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #49
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
hahahaha who wants to come help me do this to my truck i have been dying to save some money and get a quality lift ?????? any takers
Old 01-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #50
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Ya think so??

I think I stand corrected!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #51
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man. You just gotta take em off as soon as you can and put shocks that you didn't try fabbing up.

Making you own shit is cool. But messing around with that kind of crap is dangerous to everyone.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #52
Valdosta State University
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Orrin
Taco GTR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
It is extremely dangerous not to mention the fact that your shock is no longer capable of doing what it was designed to do.
x2 altering the shock makes it much weaker. take a good enough hit and it might give away and that wouldnt be a pretty result.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #53
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
has this guy posted a pic of his actual shock?
i saw the drawing...and the pic of the bro montana lean.
in for pics
Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #54
revhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the rough

LrgRnr? Jason's lawncare? Jandrews? anyone? i extended the base of the shock 2.75" with 1.250 o.d. chromoly make a circle with ur thumb and index finger that's about how thick that is. i didn't use tubing or piping i used round stock once i got the paint off the lower shock rod it slid into place with two taps of a hammer it's solid not hollow.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #55
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LrgRnr? Jason's lawncare? Jandrews? anyone? i extended the base of the shock 2.75" with 1.250 o.d. chromoly make a circle with ur thumb and index finger that's about how thick that is. i didn't use tubing or piping i used round stock once i got the paint off the lower shock rod it slid into place with two taps of a hammer it's solid not hollow.
now you are overextending everything.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #56
andrew19 is a splendid one to beholdandrew19 is a splendid one to beholdandrew19 is a splendid one to beholdandrew19 is a splendid one to beholdandrew19 is a splendid one to beholdandrew19 is a splendid one to beholdandrew19 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Firefighter
Name: Andrew
andrew19's Tacoma Gallery
i think people have to much time on their hands to build that
Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #57

btw the stock lower shaft is about .6250 " in diameter
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #58
loaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dalton
loaderman82's Tacoma Gallery
That poor Taco!!! You can just see it's pain in that picture. Someone needs to give the guy a chevy or ford so we can deliver this Taco from evil!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
now you are overextending everything.
and if you look back i said that myself and that i'm going to REDO it and go down to 3 in.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #60
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
I'm enjoying this thread.