Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" to long travel

Old 01-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
6" to long travel

is it remotely practical to remove my 6" procomp lift, weld the crossmember back in and go long travel?

or should i build up the rear supension and settle with that set up?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I had talked to one member either on this site or TTORA about welding all that crap back together. I do believe it's possible, he had a fabtech lift kit which cuts all the cross members off and what not... He has everything welded back on and went with some simple CO's. It is possible but it will take lots of work!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely worth it if you wheel. You'll have a lot of other welding to do it you go full long travel with bypass shocks so putting that cross member back in is a cakewalk.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i'm not thinking full caged long travel and what not, just like all pro or something up front and a decent set up in the rear
Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
it wont be that hard at all to put it.

I kept my cross member just in case, I would just brace it around the joinys when you put it back, but that member is only in compression so it doesnt see that much load under normaly conditions. but if you are jumping it ( which I assume is a possibility with you going LT) I would brace it.

Justin
Old 01-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
it wont be that hard at all to put it.

I kept my cross member just in case, I would just brace it around the joinys when you put it back, but that member is only in compression so it doesnt see that much load under normaly conditions. but if you are jumping it ( which I assume is a possibility with you going LT) I would brace it.

Justin
yeah i'm just debating cloning your rear set up and then calling it done for my truck, or go lt. but i do want to keep it good for camping and hauling and stuff like that.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Putting a new one in wouldn't be all that hard. I say it takes longer for us to rebuild your CVs then welding a new crossmember in