1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Light Racing UCA Camber setting install Question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Dr.D, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jan 6, 2011 at 9:27 PM
    Dr.D

Dr.D [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sold my truck
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 3" lift LR UCA's URD TCAI
    3" lift Bilstein 5100's, small top plate spacer and poly spacer, 1" Block and TSB Springs in rear with 2.5 degree shims, MagnaFlow stainless exhaust, 275/70R17 BFG A/T 17x9 RBP wheels, Light Racing UCA's, PHILIPS 4300K HID, URD TCAI, 10" Kicker Comp, Advantage TorzaTop, Scanguage II, Foglight mod, Backup camera switch mod
    Ok, I've been reading all over the place on here and the other forums and can't find any good information about where to set the Camber setting to start with during the installation of the arms.

First off, I am going to set the caster setting to 0 degree's with the SPC logo facing outwards. From what I've read this is the best setting for a 2.5" lift to start with.

So, I just ordered some of the light racing UCA's and would like to know before hand the initial settings or the position to start with on camber so I don't have to end up getting it aligned several times like some people have.
    When I install what is the best position to start with on the camber?
    On the FJ forum they say to pull it out all the way, but I don't know if the tacoma is different then the FJ, I hear the ball joints on FJ's have more usable range of motion if that matters? I think I read somewhere that someone set their tacoma 1/2 way in the middle to start with.
    I have read the instructions and it don't give any specific's on the camber like it does on the castor.

I would like to get it set the best I can to start with so they won't even have to adjust that upper ball joint bolt for camber. Or is my thinking wrong here and will they have to adjust it anyways?

My current alignment specs are :
    Castor left: 1.6 Castor right 1.7
    Camber left and right: 0
    Toe: 0

I'm going to bump the Castor up to 2.4 left and 2.7 right, while keeping everything else at 0.

Any suggestions?

2. Jan 6, 2011 at 9:41 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    any good alignment shop will know what to do with it, they come with instructions and i took mine to a local shop, he took one look the instructions i had and said whats that for, i was like its shows the settings and how to change the settings, he grabbed them from my hand and put it in my pocket. lol, enough said......my alignment came out great.

3. Jan 7, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Well I had an interesting experience but ended up getting it aligned at 2.3* caster and roughly 0* camber with the ball joints of the LR UCAs set all the way out and the logo facing out.

Products Discussed in

To Top