Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Light Racing UCA Camber setting install Question

Old 01-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Dr.D is a glorious beacon of lightDr.D is a glorious beacon of lightDr.D is a glorious beacon of lightDr.D is a glorious beacon of lightDr.D is a glorious beacon of lightDr.D is a glorious beacon of light

Name: sold my truck
Dr.D's Tacoma Gallery
Light Racing UCA Camber setting install Question

Ok, I've been reading all over the place on here and the other forums and can't find any good information about where to set the Camber setting to start with during the installation of the arms.

First off, I am going to set the caster setting to 0 degree's with the SPC logo facing outwards. From what I've read this is the best setting for a 2.5" lift to start with.

So, I just ordered some of the light racing UCA's and would like to know before hand the initial settings or the position to start with on camber so I don't have to end up getting it aligned several times like some people have.
When I install what is the best position to start with on the camber?
On the FJ forum they say to pull it out all the way, but I don't know if the tacoma is different then the FJ, I hear the ball joints on FJ's have more usable range of motion if that matters? I think I read somewhere that someone set their tacoma 1/2 way in the middle to start with.
I have read the instructions and it don't give any specific's on the camber like it does on the castor.

I would like to get it set the best I can to start with so they won't even have to adjust that upper ball joint bolt for camber. Or is my thinking wrong here and will they have to adjust it anyways?

My current alignment specs are :
Castor left: 1.6 Castor right 1.7
Camber left and right: 0
Toe: 0

I'm going to bump the Castor up to 2.4 left and 2.7 right, while keeping everything else at 0.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
any good alignment shop will know what to do with it, they come with instructions and i took mine to a local shop, he took one look the instructions i had and said whats that for, i was like its shows the settings and how to change the settings, he grabbed them from my hand and put it in my pocket. lol, enough said......my alignment came out great.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Well I had an interesting experience but ended up getting it aligned at 2.3* caster and roughly 0* camber with the ball joints of the LR UCAs set all the way out and the logo facing out.