LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifting truck this weekend, when should i align?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
MRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to behold

Name: Marco
MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Lifting truck this weekend, when should i align?

Hey guys,
I'm lifting the truck this weekend with billy 5100, toytec aal 2", cb drop, 1/4" driver spacer, shims, and new u bolts.

I have an appointment for alignment on Monday but just realized.. Maybe I should let it settle first?

How long should wait to get the truck aligned?? Or is the alignment right after ok?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
you'll be fine.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
MRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to behold

MRW's Tacoma Gallery
So Monday alignment is ok?
Old 01-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Monday alignment should be fine. You didn't specify what setting you were putting the front 5100s at, but I put mine on the .85 setting and drove it about 100 miles before aligning. The camber was out and the toe was off, but not too bad.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:48 AM   #5

MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry. It's being lifted 2.5
Old 01-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #6
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
I aligned immediately after installation of 5100s @ 1.75 and went back for another alignment a few months later.....

(Lifetime alignment packages are a good investment, IMO)
Old 01-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5100s at 0.85 with Eibach springs and got 3.5" of lift right off the bat. Took 4 days to settle to 2.6" where it has stayed. I say wait a bit longer if you can, or get the lifetime alignment pkg. as stated above.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine aligned at Firestone, get their life time alignment. Best investment when you lift your truck.