Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

HELP 6" lift rear shocks

Old 01-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
HELP 6" lift rear shocks

Im going to get 6" - 7" icon coilovers for the the front.
What should i get for the rear? and do they need to be made for 6" kit? will the icon rear resivor shocks work?
Old 04-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #4
HUH?
Jkohler is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up goin with 13" travel icons and 7" lift alcan springs in the rear
Old 04-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #5
CrucialLimiT is on a distinguished road
Army: 2nd BCT 1Bn 18th Regiment 1st Infantry Division
Name: DereK
CrucialLimiT's Tacoma Gallery
JKohler,

I recently purchased a 2007 TRD Tacoma DBL Cab with 100k miles. I too am looking for a 6" lift.

My thinking is purchasing a base Fabtech lift, add in coil overs, replace the rear blocks with Leafs.

Is swapping these parts similar to what you did essentially.

Budget around $3700 or higher.
I am hoping to purchase rims and tires as well 35x12.5 KM2's....

I've been reading and researching and hope to pull the trigger sometime in June so as my budget goes up, and my knowledge pertaining to such a purchase is more informative.

Can you or anyone else recommend a vendor which will have Rims, Tires, Suspension lift, and the replacement coil overs? I already know the leafs are going to be purchased separate.

Since I am mixing and matching I am hoping to purchase the bulk from one vendor so in a sense I'm getting proper parts.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
HUH?

Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialLimiT View Post
JKohler,

I recently purchased a 2007 TRD Tacoma DBL Cab with 100k miles. I too am looking for a 6" lift.

My thinking is purchasing a base Fabtech lift, add in coil overs, replace the rear blocks with Leafs.

Is swapping these parts similar to what you did essentially.

Budget around $3700 or higher.
I am hoping to purchase rims and tires as well 35x12.5 KM2's....

I've been reading and researching and hope to pull the trigger sometime in June so as my budget goes up, and my knowledge pertaining to such a purchase is more informative.

Can you or anyone else recommend a vendor which will have Rims, Tires, Suspension lift, and the replacement coil overs? I already know the leafs are going to be purchased separate.

Since I am mixing and matching I am hoping to purchase the bulk from one vendor so in a sense I'm getting proper parts.
That is basically what I ended up doing. You will need the drop bracket, the knuckles, diff drop bracket, steering shaft extension, sway bar extension, Upper control arms, coil overs, leafs, shocks, and a carrier bearing drop kit for the rear driveline.
As far as vendors go, I have had good luck with Down South Motor Sports, SDHQ, Fat Bobs Tire Garage, All Pro Off-road, Alcans, and a few others. I would call around and check online for the best prices.
Attached Thumbnails
HELP 6" lift rear shocks-img_2258.jpg   HELP 6" lift rear shocks-img_0054.jpg   HELP 6" lift rear shocks-img_1203.jpg   HELP 6" lift rear shocks-img_2131.jpg   HELP 6" lift rear shocks-img_2273.jpg  

HELP 6" lift rear shocks-img_2333.jpg   HELP 6" lift rear shocks-img_2377.jpg  
Old 05-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #7
CrucialLimiT is on a distinguished road
Army: 2nd BCT 1Bn 18th Regiment 1st Infantry Division
Name: DereK
CrucialLimiT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice Jkohler, and sorry about the unorthodox way of getting help, it really was intentional, and had no Idea the controversy it would stir up.

Thanks again for in a sense being able to see past it.

Do you off hand remember what piecing this together cost?

Crucial
Old 05-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #8
HUH?

Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialLimiT View Post
Thanks for the advice Jkohler, and sorry about the unorthodox way of getting help, it really was intentional, and had no Idea the controversy it would stir up.

Thanks again for in a sense being able to see past it.

Do you off hand remember what piecing this together cost?

Crucial
OK so here goes a rough estimate of the major components..

FRONT
Icon Coilovers $1200
Light Racing UCA $450 (I'd go with Total Chaos w/ heim joints for $700)
Tuff Country Spindles $500

Drop Bracket 6'' $ came on truck along with the sway bars and diff drop brackets.

REAR
Icon 13'' travel rear smooth body aluminum shock $400
Alcan 7'' lift leaf springs $800

American Racing Rims (16x8) on 295/75/16 togo at2's $1800

Like you were saying, I would get the item list for the fabtech lift (see website) and get either component box 1 or 2, whichever has the drop bracket and everything, and then sell what you don't need out of it.

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/TO...4WD-p1392.html

Then throw your Icons on there