Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Did my install today

Old 01-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
CaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant future
CaptMorgan's Tacoma Gallery
Did my install today

Got the parts before Christmas but schedule just wasn't working out for the installation. Thats changed and today was they day :-)

I still need an alignment, I am hearing some noise from up front thats kinda concerning me :-/

Here is what I started off with

Here is the front setup in

Don't have pics of the rear installed, get those tomorrow but I decide to modify the upper mount to allow the reservoir to rotate in closer to the frame. I saw a thread where a guy didnt and they fit, but were very close to the tires. Glad I did the trimming to get them in closer. Here is a couple pics of the trimming

The other side came out much cleaner shaped and I touched it up with a quick spray of black paint. ill get more pics up soon
Old 01-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
i don't understand why you had to trim the mounts.
for the res on the rear Fox Shocks
Old 01-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #7
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Why didn't you spray paint more of the frame???
Old 01-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
not to burst your bubble, but your gonna be disappointed with those leepers...
Old 01-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
not to burst your bubble, but your gonna be disappointed with those leepers...
If they don't leak they should be fine. Chris4x4 is running em and he likes em so far I believe
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
gotcha. i re-read ......
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #13
CaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant future
Once I post picks of the rear shocks installed it will makes sense why I trimmed the mounts. I haven't posted up picks with it painted yet. Aside from complaints about leaking i've read nothing but good stuff about the leepers.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
toytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant future
Name: Jason
toytacoma22's Tacoma Gallery
What coils are on the Icons? Did you get a different spring rate? All the Icon coils I have ever seen including mine are black.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by toytacoma22 View Post
What coils are on the Icons? Did you get a different spring rate? All the Icon coils I have ever seen including mine are black.
They're the LEEPERS, long story that boils down to manufacturing assembling parts they were contracted to build and never got paid as they were supposed to when DR when bust
Old 01-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #16
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
When you were finished did you stand like you had one foot up on a keg of rum ?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #17
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Good man , good man way to go installing it yourself.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #18
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
When you were finished did you stand like you had one foot up on a keg of rum ?
That's funny shit! Nice job dude, looks sweet! We should go test em out since you're in the neighborhood.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #19
StaldineJ is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
StaldineJ's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Icon AAL on my '99 and I really thought they made a huge difference in unloaded ride quality... haven't had an opportunity for much weight in the back to see how it works compared to the factory overload, but hopefully it works well.

You have a really nice suspension setup, totally jealous. Not to mention the rest of the truck! Someday I'll finish with school and upgrade to the new gen!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #20
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet any full truck pics?

....please lol