Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

taco lean+1/2 of lift

Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
taco lean+1/2 of lift

i have an rcd 4.5 inch lift but i still have the taco lean. the drivers side is down 1/2 and inch. whats the best way to get rid of the lean and add 1/2 an inch of lift to the front of the truck?
Old 01-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
toytec 1/2 inch top plate spacer should solve the lean. i dunno bout fixing up a db lift though i have no experience with those
Old 01-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ya if its too much work im just going to fix the lean
Old 01-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

are you just trying to go up to 5" for clearance?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #5

yes i am
Old 01-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #6

i would imagine you could throw some spidertrax on. i honestly dont know all the things a db lift entails. do you have coilovers?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #7

spider trax are wheel spacers. yes i have coilovers
Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
spider trax are wheel spacers. yes i have coilovers
Adjustable coilovers? Can't you jsut crank one up a little more to fix the lean?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #9

spidertrax may help if you're rubbing at the frame by moving the tire/rim out some. are they cranked up all the way? that may not be the best option but hey it'll get you to 5" if they (and your cvs) aren't maxed out.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Adjustable coilovers? Can't you jsut crank one up a little more to fix the lean?
no the bilstein 5100's that come with the rcd arent adjustable.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #11

where exactly do you rub?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Since the RCD lift uses the stock coils, it's not surprising that you still have the "taco lean". As malander mentioned, a thin top-plate spacer is the way to go.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
spidertrax may help if you're rubbing at the frame by moving the tire/rim out some. are they cranked up all the way? that may not be the best option but hey it'll get you to 5" if they (and your cvs) aren't maxed out.
i'm not having any rubbing problems. i just want to get rid of the lean and level my truck out. right now my cv's are parallel to the ground.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Since the RCD lift uses the stock coils, it's not surprising that you still have the "taco lean". As malander mentioned, a thin top-plate spacer is the way to go.
ya thats what i was thinking but how thick do i need to get rid of the lean and also lift the front 1/2 overall. i also dont want to make it ride like shit. i had 3 inch spacers before, i dont want that kind of ride ever again.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #15

sorry. I assumed that when I asked about "clearance" i figured you were trying to clear tires. top plate spacers are debatable but i dont think a 1" top plate spacer would be suicide for your truck depending on how hard you wheel. you will need longer studs up at your shock mounts though
Old 01-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
ya thats what i was thinking but how thick do i need to get rid of the lean and also lift the front 1/2 overall. i also dont want to make it ride like shit. i had 3 inch spacers before, i dont want that kind of ride ever again.
Just take your measurements for each side and divide by two. A top-plate spacer will lift twice it's thickness.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #17
phand00 is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
phand00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'm not having any rubbing problems. i just want to get rid of the lean and level my truck out. right now my cv's are parallel to the ground.
If it's in front, get the toytec 1/4 spacer... it will give you around 1/2 of lift or near of it. 1/2 will give you almost 1 inch. This is what I have done to mine.

For rear you should be good since you have the stock leaf pack. With my All pro leaf there is a bit of a lean but nothing to bother...
Old 01-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #18

Quote:
top plate spacers do not affect ride quality. my 1/2" top plate spacer was actually a little less than 1/4" tall but yielded 1/2" lift. so a spacer thats less than 1/2 inch for the driver side and less than 1/4 inch for the passenger side. i know lifts aren't stackable but i feel like i've seen small top plate spacers stacked as long as you use longer studs you *should* be okay but it would be nice if someone else would chime in on that. check out toytecs top plate spacers
Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #19

so if i go 1/2 on drivers side and 1/4 or passenger side i should be ok. i also have an aal plus the 4 inch block. i left the aal in because i haul a dirt bike lots and pull a boat so i didnt want it to sag.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #20

sounds like it should work