Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

rear end parts recommends....stock leafs are sad ;(

Old 01-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
rear end parts recommends....stock leafs are sad ;(

here is my truck at .085 bills and a cap on back.....slight nose high....what parts should i get for the rear.....add a leaf is out of the question these leafs are shot.....i want ome dakars but what else will i need??? brake lines??? bump stops?? shims??? take billies to 1.75???? thanks just wanna do this correct
Old 01-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Considering how new your truck is, I would say that your packs are still in good shape. Toyota leaf packs are pretty much flat when brand new. Add the weight of your topper, and I would not be suprised if the were frowning a little bit. An aal is probably your best bet. If you don't want to lift the vehicle any more, then the 3 leaf would probably be the best option for a minimal raise in the rear. But if you would like to go with the Dakar packs, I can certainly get you set up with those as well.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Under 3" you don't need new brake lines, so basically just your leaf packs and whatever hardware you need to install...center pins and u-bolts (since you're going to be back there dicking around anyway, now is an optimal time to install a u-bolt flip kit).

As Dan said, an AAL may do the trick for you, offsetting the weight of the cap.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have the tsb leaf springs? I bought a pair of tsb springs of a 09 and put em on my 05! Lifted the rear 1.25 inches!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Considering how new your truck is, I would say that your packs are still in good shape. Toyota leaf packs are pretty much flat when brand new. Add the weight of your topper, and I would not be suprised if the were frowning a little bit. An aal is probably your best bet. If you don't want to lift the vehicle any more, then the 3 leaf would probably be the best option for a minimal raise in the rear. But if you would like to go with the Dakar packs, I can certainly get you set up with those as well.
pm'ed