Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Camburg 2.5 Coilover...

Old 01-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg 2.5 Coilover...

So here is the deal. i was looking to install some camburg 2.5 coilovers upfront. What I was wondering is what else do I need. I was looking at

Wheelers 3 leaf AAl system or All pro rear leaf kit and U bolt flip
5100s in the Rear
Ball joint UCA set
Do i need new brake lines front and rear?
Are bumpstops (timbren) necessary/ worth it
Opinions? Anyone running similar setup with stock wheels and Spidertrax?Thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Extended rear brake lines are a good idea if you go off-road, since you will be installing longer rear shocks that allow more down travel than stock. Timbrens are good if you need the extra load carrying support.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Extended rear brake lines are a good idea if you go off-road, since you will be installing longer rear shocks that allow more down travel than stock. Timbrens are good if you need the extra load carrying support.
Thanks! Great Website by the way. Opinion on All pro rear leaf pack vs. Deaver or any other
Old 01-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #4

bump
Old 01-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Dan that longer brake lines are fine but would not say they are absolutely necessary. Under 3 inches, you're ok to stick with the stock brake lines.

I would go with uniball UCAs rather than ball joint. Stronger, allow more travel, easier alignment.

Aftermarket bumpstops are a preference thing. Timbrens tend to give a more solid bottoming response. Wheeler's also makes a bumpstop called the superbumps, which offer a softer bottoming. I have ordered some, but apparently it takes 6 months to ship them. I'll let you know what I think of them when I get them installed.

I would also recommend that while you're messing around with the leaf springs, go ahead and put on a u-bolt flip kit. You've got everything apart back there anyway...
Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I agree with Dan that longer brake lines are fine but would not say they are absolutely necessary. Under 3 inches, you're ok to stick with the stock brake lines.

I would go with uniball UCAs rather than ball joint. Stronger, allow more travel, easier alignment.

Aftermarket bumpstops are a preference thing. Timbrens tend to give a more solid bottoming response. Wheeler's also makes a bumpstop called the superbumps, which offer a softer bottoming. I have ordered some, but apparently it takes 6 months to ship them. I'll let you know what I think of them when I get them installed.

I would also recommend that while you're messing around with the leaf springs, go ahead and put on a u-bolt flip kit. You've got everything apart back there anyway...
Cool Thanks