Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Dealer just gave me BS on the spring TSB when I dropped my truck off! Help!!!

Old 01-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Angry Dealer just gave me BS on the spring TSB when I dropped my truck off! Help!!!

I called last week and had them order the new leafs for my 2010, as per the TSB issue.... they told me no problem yada yada yada.

I dropped my truck off this morning and the service manager told me that they arent gonna do it because my 2010 doesnt qualify for it. Only years were 05-08. I know this is BS, but he told me if I can supply him with the TSB for the 2010 model, or the whole "duplicate the problem" story they would do them.

I've been looking for the TSB but can't seem to find it. Does it include 2010's?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...09-2010-a.html

According to this post the TSB was revised to include the 2010s. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
If you actually need it...

Get sand bags and put in the back I saw someone mention this in another thread.

They can count the sand bags and see how much weight it is.

Although this is exactly why when I call the dealer I record our conversation.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I had my 2010 done 2 months ago and I never had to show them the tsb i printed out
Old 01-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Had my 2010 done with 1,000 miles on it. Just asked the dealer to do it, and they did?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...09-2010-a.html

According to this post the TSB was revised to include the 2010s. Good luck!
Thanks man! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Just faxed it over to him... I guess we will see.

Edit: BTW.. Dealer is Connicelli Toyota in Springfield, PA
Old 01-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Hi-Tech Rednek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Makes mental note never to send anyone there ever
To be completely honest... They're actually pretty good there. They have never given me any issues in the past with things I bitched about (i.e. ripping my seat apart to fix some little popping sound and stuff like that). I bought the truck there and they were more then willing to play ball with me on the deal. And I took my 08 there for every service it ever needed with no problems.

The service manager isn't being a total douche about it, just maybe a half douche.

Haven't heard back yet about the faxed TSB sheet though, so I guess that will truely determine his level of doucheness.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO...Toyota is starting to slack again after this pedal recall thing died down.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #9
Hi-Tech Rednek

Quote:
If he did his job correctly he would of checked your vin and made sure it met the TSB requirements before they ordered the parts or wasted your time today.

Instead he chose to fly by the seat of his pants and then it became your issue to provide paperwork that is distributed to them as soon as it comes out. Every dealer is supposed to have a book that the TSB issues are placed in. They never updated their book when the updated TSB came out which also falls under the service managers duties.

In now way should we have TSB info before the dealers or have to provide it to them to prove the work is warranted.

In my eyes they are slackers. When they perform the TSB make sure they align the truck. Sounds like these guys have their heads up you know where.

Valid point...
Old 01-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #10
Hi-Tech Rednek

OK... So, after recieving the TSB they will do the work. The service manager says he doesnt feel that it needs it from driving it but he will put it through under my request. I have to bring it back though, due to all the dicking around they don't have time for it today.

FYI: Also stated that for any reason I am not pleased with the more rigid ride, it would cost me $1900 out of pocket to put it back the way it was.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #11
Busta2402 is on a distinguished road
Busta2402's Tacoma Gallery
what is the tsb issue? Nvrmind
Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #12
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
yea for $1900 to put it back to stock, i would stay away from those fckers. i chose not to fight my dealership for the tsb, i was getting lifted anyways, did the ultimate lift with ome 2.75 in. leaf packs, even with shipping to alaska was under 1900 dollars. best of luck with that.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #13
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the TSB for 2010 and 2011 and some other suspension fixes for other years courtesy of builthatch.

I am just the messenger

T-SB-0359-10.pdf

As I mentioned in another thread regarding this issue, threaten to go "corporate" if they don't comply with your request. The last thing any dealer wants is grief from Toyota Motor Company about a customer service issue. PR is a top priority when it comes to the Toyota brand. Especially with all the issues in the last eighteen months.

They'll do it, one way or the other.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #14
Hi-Tech Rednek

Quote:
Good luck and let us know how you make out. If they ever call my company for glass or door repair Ill rape the shit out of them
just for you buddy
Thanks man... We can always count on your style of brutal honesty to put shit in perspective.. lol
Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #15
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so glad I forgot that I have a warranty. My patience isn't nearly as long as some.