Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

HOW TO GET EXTRA INCH OR TWO

Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
dgreene is on a distinguished road
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
HOW TO GET EXTRA INCH OR TWO

Just put on 5100's set at .85 with eibach coils and tsb done, the rear is about 1.5 inches higher any way to get that extra height to level out and not spend a whole lot of money. What are my options. Thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Hawaiitaco is on a distinguished road

Hawaiitaco's Tacoma Gallery
wait for it..... wait for it....
Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
put the 5100s up a notch?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Put this on the passenger side:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

And one of these on the driver side:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

That is what outlaw7 did:

Old 01-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
title

I figured this would get u guys attention. I forgot to say i have the 1/4 spacers on now how much extra is the 3/4 going give me just the 1/2 or a little more. Thanks guys
Old 01-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Nice title!

But seriously - to get an additional lift cheap you could use a spacer, but I would not. The truck isn't supposed to sit level for a reason. I know everyone in here likes a level truck, but if it sits level with no load its going to have ass sag when loaded.

You beat me to it!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
put the 5100s up a notch?
You can't set the billy's over 0.85 with the eibachs, you will have no down trave left.

Let me get this right. You have the TSB rear only, and up front you have billy's at 0.85 and eibach springs....and the back is higher than the front? Something isn't adding up here. I have 1.75 up front, tsb rear and I'm level.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #10
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You can't set the billy's over 0.85 with the eibachs, you will have no down trave left.

Let me get this right. You have the TSB rear only, and up front you have billy's at 0.85 and eibach springs....and the back is higher than the front? Something isn't adding up here. I have 1.75 up front, tsb rear and I'm level.
He is 4x4
Old 01-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #11
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
He is 4x4
Doesn't matter whether he's 4x4 or not. He's raised about 2.5" up front and the rear is now 1.5" higher after the TSB spring only. I'm with KPT, something doesn't sound right.

I just added my 3 leaf AAL which was supposed to be a 1.5". Turned out to be a little over 2". Fronts set at 2.5" and I only have about 1 1/4" of rake.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post

Yea that is right i am at 37 3/4 front 38 1/4 in rear.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreene View Post
How many leafs do you have out back?

How long ago did you get the TSB?

Any way you could take a pic of the front and rear suspension setup?
Old 01-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
lift

have 4 leaf pack just done 3 days ago. as for pics underneath or to the side. I have pics in gallery of side the ones with the trd emblem on side are with lift. Thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #16
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You originally said the rear was 1.5" higher, but there is only 1/2" difference in those measurements. Based on that I would say go to a 1/2 spacer on the driver's side and a 1/4" on the passenger's side. Also, keep in mind that the rear fender is about 1/2" higher than the front even if the truck itself is perfectly level.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
have 4 leaf pack just done 3 days ago. as for pics underneath or to the side. I have pics in gallery of side the ones with the trd emblem on side are with lift. Thanks
Maybe it's just me but you look slightly nose-high in all of the pics in your gallery. If anything I'd lift the rear a little more, not the front.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #18
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
lift

If so was mistaken just remeasured.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #19
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
lift

Yea probaly will do the spacer with aal wish could get 1 inch but just talked to toyotec and they said all they could do was 1.5 so that is probaly how i will go. Thanks guys
Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #20
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
lift

you probaly can't see it from the pics but the pavement my front tires are on is starting to grade up into the garage. Thats why those pics look that way.