Notices

need advice on leveling

Old 01-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
PipsTaco is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jarrod
PipsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
need advice on leveling

I have read all through the suspension forum about Bilstein 5100's and the rear TSB and AAL's. I just wanted to confirm that I am understanding what I am reading and make sure I am taking the correct route to level my truck. I have a 2006 Dbl Cab long bed with the TRD package. I do not want a lift in the rear, just want to level the front with rear. Im only switching to 265/75/16 tires and dont think rubbing will be an issue. My plan is to install 5100's on all four corners with the front set at .85 and was hoping this will accomplish leveling out my truck? If there is a little bit of rake left I can live with it, I just dont like how much rake there is now. I also wanted to confirm that I will need to have an allignment done afterwords. Thanks for any help in advance
Old 01-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, that should work well. You may have a bit of rake still. Hard to say for sure. Anytime you change the ride height of the vehicle, you need to get an alignment done to avoid adverse tire wear.