1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how much tread on dr coilvers to get a full 3inch lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by socal19, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Jan 13, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    socal19

socal19 [OP] TACOMA03

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma pre runner
    2.5" Front spacers, 16inch wheelers steel wheels on 265-75-R16 BFG All Terrain, N-FAB prerunner bar, Flowmaster Exhaust
    hey does anybody know how much tread is suppose to show at a full 3 inch lift with the donahoe racing coilovers

2. Jan 13, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    you are going to have to reword this buddy, I'm a bit lost.

Coilovers don't kick out you tires more. Just put a jack under your truck and lift it 3" from stock and that is how much will show.

3. Jan 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    i get what hes sayin

like he wants to know how far to keep on turning until he gets 3in. how much thread there is that is showing on top of the coilover he means.

4. Jan 13, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    socal19

socal19 [OP] TACOMA03

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma pre runner
    2.5" Front spacers, 16inch wheelers steel wheels on 265-75-R16 BFG All Terrain, N-FAB prerunner bar, Flowmaster Exhaust
    ok here it is. i got dr coilovers and had them rebuilt, my buddy at icon said he put them close to 3inches. but i feel like they could go more cause i dont think i got full lift. so i wanted to know how much tread is supposed to be expose to get the full 3

5. Jan 13, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    ohhh ok got it, you should just crank them up to what you feel looks good to the eye. Level them out by taking a tape measure to your front fenders driver and passenger. My buddies when for a slight rake.

6. Oct 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    thread revival!

I was just comparing my lift to the rest of the guys and felt that I'm a little on the short side and I've also got those outdated but still amazing DR coilovers. I was in the curious as well as to how much thread should be exposed above the adjustment ring to give me the official 3" lift. I just measured and I've got 1.5" of thread exposed above the ring for what it's worth.

Products Discussed in

To Top