LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ordered my 3" lift from Toytec, can't do tires just yet

Old 01-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Junebug McQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered my 3" lift from Toytec, can't do tires just yet

So I ordered this: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

It'll be here on friday. I also ordered the Method wheels, they'll be here in a week or so. Problem is I can't do the tires yet, probably in about 6 months minimum. I just got the new truck, convinced the wife to let me do wheels and a lift, I don't want to push my luck with another $800-1000 for tires when we honestly have other stuff that money should probably go towards. So my question is, should I wait to have the lift installed until I can afford bigger tires? I'm worried that the truck will look silly with a 3" lift running stock 265/70/16's. Opinions?
Old 01-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Junebug McQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
didn't mean to double post, mods please delete one
Old 01-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
jcleve is on a distinguished road

jcleve's Tacoma Gallery
rock the lift dude. 3" and 265's look great. Lots of members running that setup.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcleve View Post
rock the lift dude. 3" and 265's look great. Lots of members running that setup.
x2

in the end, what matters more is how it rides, not so much how it looks...
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
bgbdwlf is on a distinguished road
bgbdwlf's Tacoma Gallery
i am running 5100's @ .85 with eibachs in front and 2" AAL in back with my stock tires and wheels. you can tell it's lifted but doesn't look that bad, should be getting my method wheels and hankook atm's this week. i have been running the stock tires and wheels for a couple of months now. plus will you be able to let the lift sit in the garage for to long before you can't stand it and just have to do it.

i went with the 16x8 silver wheels and 265/75/16 hankooks, the hankooks are to expensive of a tire. i paid $130 a piece for the dynapro all terrain ones the mud terrains may be a bit more if that is what your looking for.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Why didn't you go with the adjustable billies? Jw
Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
lift it, i did the toytec, with the dakkars and have been running 265's........
Ya man , I like your Alaskan rig

All dirt covered like mine , haha
Old 01-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #9
bdd151 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Brian
bdd151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
lift it, i did the toytec, with the dakkars and have been running 265's........
Question on those Dakars. Got mine today and was checking the kit out and noticed a "zero" or "O" on one end. Which goes towards the front?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcleve View Post
x2
Here's a pic of my truck...I will be stepping up to 285s though
Old 01-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd151 View Post
Question on those Dakars. Got mine today and was checking the kit out and noticed a "zero" or "O" on one end. Which goes towards the front?

see attached pic. good luck with the install.
Attached Thumbnails
Ordered my 3" lift from Toytec, can't do tires just yet-dsc_1528.jpg