Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Giant Motorsports rear long travel

Old 01-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
tucsonprerunner is on a distinguished road
tucsonprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Giant Motorsports rear long travel

Anyone running this setup? Comments/reviews on operation and install?

Tacoma 2005-2008 64" Long Travel Leaf Spring Kit
Capable of up to 21" of Travel!

Kit Includes:
Exclusive 64" triple wrapped race spring

Front and rear mounting brackets

Shackles

Protective ubolt bash plates

Axle spring perch

9/16" ubolts

All necessary bushings

The all new Tacoma 64", 21" travel spring kit is available in a bolt on version that makes your installation even easier.

Price: $1700

Available for:
2005 - 2008 Toyota Tacoma

Check out our custom bypass shock setup for all long travel spring kits - "Giant Motorsports Link Killer"

Link Killer 2.5 shocks are available in black anodize.

$1375 or 3.0" for $2050

Tacoma Bolt in Bed Cage

The new Tacoma bolt in bed cage has a space saving design for cargo and comes with tire mount that that is positioned so you can fit a dirt bike.

Price: $1850
Old 01-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
those are some serious parts......
Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Only person I know is MJP2 or whoever that guys that races in SNORE

Pretty serious setup and I am between this and the Defined Engineering kit. And since you are a prerunner keep in mind you will need a slip yolk in your driveshaft with these systems.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Dont forget about the DMZ kit either. Its top notch.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
tucsonprerunner is on a distinguished road
tucsonprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
Dont forget about the DMZ kit either. Its top notch.
Is it bolt on?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:24 AM   #6
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post

Pretty serious setup and I am between this and the Defined Engineering kit. And since you are a prerunner keep in mind you will need a slip yolk in your driveshaft with these systems.
There is a red Tacoma from Team Shark Attack that used to race SNORE that ran the DMZ kit. MJP2 does run this Giant 64" kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonprerunner View Post
Is it bolt on?
No. Not much is when you get to this level. You are going to have to weld in plates to box your frame etc to keep it from bending if you run this kit. Weld shock mounts and limit straps as well. Its a never ending cycle
Old 01-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I have an early version of this kit from before it was offered as a bolt-on setup. Geoff at Giant makes a solid product and he's one of the nicest guys you could do business with.

On my truck the suspension sits at about stock height, but with 2 batteries, 60 gallon fuel cell, 2 spares, and jack in the bed area I'm heavy in the rear.

The ride is nice and the parts are stout. I tied the rear hangers together for added strength. It's a good idea but unless you're racing it's not something you'll need to worry about.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #8
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post

SCORE, not SNORE.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
SCORE, not SNORE.
All depends if the truck your watching breaks down.........
Old 01-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #10

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
If they had a trailer class I'd be all over it!