1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Add a Leaf Kit - 3 leafs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by avengedkevinfold, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Jan 16, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    avengedkevinfold

avengedkevinfold [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Socal - OC - Huntington Beach
    bilstien 5100s all the way around, ICON progressive 3 leaf kit, Illegal tint, snuglid SL, seatbelt chime mod. light racing UCAs
    I'm not willing to pay 600 for a full new leaf set so I'm thinking the 3 leaf kit is the way to go. I'm getting billies 5100s all the way around. Which kit should I get and why? If you have any other suggestions left me know. Also if you have any suggestions on where I should buy them let me know. Thanks guys

ICON Toyota Tacoma '05-up Rear Add a Leaf Kit
    http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-4764011-icon-toyota-tacoma-05-up-rear-add-a-leaf-kit.html

All Pro Tacoma 3 Leaf Progressive Add-A-Leaf - 1.5" Lift, ADD U-BOLTS

2. Jan 17, 2011 at 5:02 AM
    bgbdwlf

bgbdwlf Well-Known Member

Member:
    surprise,az
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road
    bone stock for now
    i am in the same boat trying to decide what to do, i have heard that the 3 leaf packs lower the hauling capacities a little.

also wheelers has a 3 leaf pack that a bunch of people are using with good results.

3. Jan 17, 2011 at 6:01 AM
    Bama_TACO

Bama_TACO ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner Double Cab TRD SPORT
    I installed the Icon 3 leaf pack 1 week ago. I removed the factory overload leaf. (I have read of people leaving the overload leaf without any problem) I am running them with the factory TRD Sport Bilsteins in the rear for now since my 5100s are on backorder. The ride didn't change much at all. It is more controlled, but definitely not harsh. I can't comment on the load capacity since I haven't loaded it down yet. It was supposed to raise my truck about 1.5", but it actually raised it 2 1/4". I think one reason it raised it so much is because my factory springs were sagging so much. The clunk I had after a hard stop is gone, I'm guessing because I'm not getting spring wrap like I was before. Also, I do not have any noise with these leafs. If you get these or the wheelers, one side is longer than the other. The long side is supposed to go toward the back.

BEFORE (Front 5100s @ .85", stock 3 leaf)
    [​IMG]

AFTER (Front 5100s @ 2.5", rear overload removed and Icon 3 leaf pack)
    [​IMG]

4. Feb 15, 2011 at 6:17 AM
    hellrazor004

hellrazor004 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB
    Is the Icon 3 leaf pack still holding up? Dumb questions, what exactly is the overload leaf and are you using the TSB leafs?

5. Feb 15, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    Bama_TACO

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    It's holding up well. Still hasn't settled. I pulled my 20', 4000 lb boat this weekend. It has about 400 lbs of tongue weight. The rear squated just a little but not any more than the factory 3 leaf. Handled really well. The overload leaf is the shortest leaf in the factory leaf pack. I have been running the factory TRD Sport Bilsteins on the rear since I put the leafs on. My 5100s will be here today so it should only get better after I install them.

In the picture below the front of the truck was going up a little bit of an incline so it makes the rear appear lower.

[​IMG]

6. Feb 15, 2011 at 6:24 AM
    hellrazor004

hellrazor004 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB
    Awesome boat. let me know how the install goes.

I have the factory 4 leaf pack (TSB one) and I'm currently leaning towards the Icon 3 leaf pack. Just haven't decided if I want to replace the entire leaf pack.

7. Feb 15, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    Bama_TACO

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    Thanks. Unfortunately I sold the boat yesterday. Didn't get to use it as much as we used to. On a positive note, I had it for 7 years and sold it for $300 less than I paid for it.

8. Feb 15, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    izquik72

izquik72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern AZ
    Vehicle:
    2002 SR5 DCSB 4x4
    shell, grey wire, turn signal relocate bumper ordered lift OME ordered
    2 Best days od a boat owners life.
    1) day he bought it!
    2) Day he sold it!

I just got in on the group buy for Metal Tech I just ordered a 3 leaf ICON pack for $160 SHIPPED. Tough deal to beat. My truck is a 6ft bed hopefully I will be as pleased with mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top