Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

A noob's game plan for a lift.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
A noob's game plan for a lift.

Well, I guess this is the route I am going to take. It is cheap and will add 2.5 inches of lift for 3 Franklin's with me doing the install.

Just three questions.
1. I know some of you guys are gonna have a good laugh @ my expense but.... Will doing this mod physically add 2.5 inches to my over all height? Want to make sure it fits in the garage set @ max height.
2. Can the height be adjusted after install go from stock to whatever I choose?
3. Do I need to pick a height and NOT change it because it will be messing with the alignment?

Step 1. Install the shocks.
Step 2. Take to dealer for rear TSB and alignment.
Step 3. Enjoy!

Thanks! Fox
Old 01-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
You will have no problem fitting in your garage. It will be level at 1.75 mine was with the TSB AAl. You adjust it before you put the shock on it is a shock not a coil over, and if you want to change it you have to take it out and adjust it and put it back in all over again. This is not that bad of a way to go for a start I added new springs and an AAL for the full 3inches and a better ride. I would take it somewhere else for the alignment I did mine at a Big O tires.