Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pulling to the Left...

Old 01-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
NLF is on a distinguished road
Name: Levi
NLF's Tacoma Gallery
Pulling to the Left...

Just installed the 5100s at 1.75 in the front, and new XD Revolver rims (17x9) with the stock 265/65/17 BFG Rugged Trail tires on Friday. Had a local shop install the 5100s, and they had a hard time getting them in. Finally dropped the lower arms to get them in easier.

Had it aligned on friday, pulling to the left. Took it back in monday after about 100 miles and had it re-aligned. Everything looks good on the machine.

However, it is still pulling to the left. Any ideas on what the heck could be going on? It goes to Toyota on Friday for the rear TSB leafs, maybe they can adjust something to make it right. Just looking for anyone with past experience.

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLF View Post
Just installed the 5100s at 1.75 in the front, and new XD Revolver rims (17x9) with the stock 265/65/17 BFG Rugged Trail tires on Friday. Had a local shop install the 5100s, and they had a hard time getting them in. Finally dropped the lower arms to get them in easier.

Had it aligned on friday, pulling to the left. Took it back in monday after about 100 miles and had it re-aligned. Everything looks good on the machine.

However, it is still pulling to the left. Any ideas on what the heck could be going on? It goes to Toyota on Friday for the rear TSB leafs, maybe they can adjust something to make it right. Just looking for anyone with past experience.

Thanks.
post up your alingment #'s
Old 01-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
NLF's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have them. I watched them do it, and it was right to specs yesterday morning. Still pulls to the left though, as I just drove 700 miles back to MN.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea without #'s there is not much help......
Old 01-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
NLF's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I was just checking to see if it was another issue other than alignment.

It is going to Toyota on Friday, they will look at it.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
BIG DADDY

good luck keep us posted
Old 01-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #7
NLF's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment #s

Originally:
Camber - Caster - Toe
Front L- .5 / 1.9 / -.09
Front R- .2 / 2.1 / .05
Front - .4 / .1 / -.03

After Toyota Dealer Alignment:
Camber - Caster - Toe
Front L- .5 / 1.9 / .03
Front R- .2 / 2.1 / .03
Front - .4 / -.1 / .06

Truck feels great, but still pulls to the left. Toytec recommended swapping the wheels on the front to see if that fixes it.

Ideas???
Old 01-26-2011, 06:10 AM   #8
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally:
Camber - Caster - Toe
Front L- .5 / 1.9 / -.09
Front R- .2 / 2.1 / .05
Front - .4 / .1 / -.03

After Toyota Dealer Alignment:
Camber - Caster - Toe
Front L- .5 / 1.9 / .03
Front R- .2 / 2.1 / .03
Front - .4 / -.1 / .06

Truck feels great, but still pulls to the left. Toytec recommended swapping the wheels on the front to see if that fixes it.

Ideas???
try and get them to even up that caster and rotate the tires
but have them even up the caster 1st then test dr it
Old 01-26-2011, 06:14 AM   #9
BIG DADDY

here are my #'s
Old 01-26-2011, 06:17 AM   #10
BIG DADDY

you can try swaping wheel sides.....
if your tires are evenly worn i supoose that could cause some pulling issues..
its worth a shot.....
your # dont look too bad your caster could be a lil higher and you really want your toe at or as close to 0 as possible.....
but without aftermarket uca's that might not be possible.....
swap the tires and see how it fells....
thats the most important thing.....
try diff road surfaces alot of the roads today have a crown to them and are in neglect n have settled n such
just a thought
g/l
Old 01-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #11
NLF's Tacoma Gallery
My truck only has 2500 miles on it, so I would assume the tires are fine. I am going to try the switch, and see how that goes.

I am only at 1.75" on my 5100s, sucks to be having issues as I figured this was pretty bullet proof.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:30 AM   #12
BIG DADDY

listen to david he is the master.....
he did mine.....
Old 01-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #13
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
here are my #'s
thats a damn good looking alignment who did that
Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #14

have them re do the alignment and set the caster to 2.1 on both sides
keep me posted
Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #15
NLF's Tacoma Gallery
Swapped the tires over lunch, problem solved. Only question is will a future rotation cause the same issue?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #16
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Swapped the tires over lunch, problem solved. Only question is will a future rotation cause the same issue?
it shouldnt
it might have been a lil out of alingment before the 5100's and now you should be good to go
Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #17
NLF's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the help, I'll post pics of the truck no that it is settled.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #18
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Thanks for all the help, I'll post pics of the truck no that it is settled.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #19
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
These are my numbers from my last alignement.

The first alignement I had done after my 5100's were put on.