Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

WOW, did I screw up on my shocks?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
WOW, did I screw up on my shocks?

I just realized that I bought Bilstein 5100 rear shocks from wheelers offroad without even checking if they fit my 1999 tacoma.

I am screwed? Or will I be able to make them fit?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
I just saw you had 5 inchs of lift.... these will not work. They are only good for up to 3". You will have to look into 5125s and figure out how much travel you need?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #4

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know I just got them off this page: http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoadjbils.htm
The rear ones. Wont I just need to buy like adapters for my truck?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
i would either cancel the order or send them back bc they arent going to work. You have too much lift.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
your going to want 5125's or 5150's i think
Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #7
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a body lift they might still work (like 3" suspension, 2" body)...tell us about your truck for starters
Old 01-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #9
BeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud of
BeardedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
I dont know I just got them off this page: http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoadjbils.htm
The rear ones. Wont I just need to buy like adapters for my truck?
Why not just call wheeler's and ask them? I am sure they would be happy to assist you on getting the right stuff.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #10
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
from the looks of your pictures it looks like they will work doesnt seem like you have a leaf spring upgrade and you have 0-3" lift coils in the front and from the looks of it looks like you have a body lift to get that total 5" of lift i think you will be fine unless you upgraded ur rear leaf springs and those are old pics im looking at....if your really unsure just pick up the phone and give them a call they are really helpful....
Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #11

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
I just saw you had 5 inchs of lift.... these will not work. They are only good for up to 3". You will have to look into 5125s and figure out how much travel you need?
No I have 3" of body lift and the new leafs are 2.25" of lift.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #12

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
*sighs* to be 17 and ignorant

haha jk man. Hope everything works out for ya
Haha I know. What happened was that I found that these worked on a another website and I found these on wheelers and they were a little cheaper.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #13

Navy:
ok than you should be ok.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #14

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
from the looks of your pictures it looks like they will work doesnt seem like you have a leaf spring upgrade and you have 0-3" lift coils in the front and from the looks of it looks like you have a body lift to get that total 5" of lift i think you will be fine unless you upgraded ur rear leaf springs and those are old pics im looking at....if your really unsure just pick up the phone and give them a call they are really helpful....
Yeah I do have 3" of body and the new leafs I bought have 2.25" of lift. I was just worried if they would connect to the truck.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #15

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok than you should be ok.
Alright sweet. But do the eye holes have to have any special connecters?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #16

Navy:
Quote:
Yeah I do have 3" of body and the new leafs I bought have 2.25" of lift. I was just worried if they would connect to the truck.
they should. If you dont have an eyelet mount on the top you can get an adapter. heres the link.
http://www.amazon.com/Explorer-Pro-C.../dp/B002SJBXPC
Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #17

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they should. If you dont have an eyelet mount on the top you can get an adapter. heres the link.
http://www.amazon.com/Explorer-Pro-C.../dp/B002SJBXPC
Well the 5100's fit on stock mounting?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #18

Navy:
Quote:
Well the 5100's fit on stock mounting?
it should.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #19

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it should.
Okay thanks for the help man!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i have 7.5" and use 5125's i got from skys manufacturing

Products Discussed in this Thread