Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I got a big brown box today =)

Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
Update w pics: I got a big brown box today =)

After reading for days and days in the suspension section, I finally dove in head first

My set up will be:

5100s all around, fronts set at 1.75
Eibach springs, will give 1.5" lift plus the 5100s w sag = 3" total
2" Toytec AAL
Front Spacer for Toyota lean

Here is my 2007 Prerunner before the lift

I will start Friday morning and have pics up by friday night. I just moved into my house and newly married, so I do not have all tools.

The tools I will borrow or have are:

2 Jack stands
4ton rolling floor jack
2 6" C Clamps
120 piece craftsman socket set(includes metric and standard)
torque wrench
Rent a spring compress from local auto parts store(or do I even need it?)
hack saw to cut AAL bolt
beer and tacos

Am I missing anything? I will take my time and do it right, make sure everything is torqued and fitted properly
Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats, good luck, and post some pics of the finished product.

BTW, I think most people say not to run Eibachs and 5100's above .85.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
i hav read that its not a good idea to set ur Billies over .85 with the Eibach springs....and yes u will need to get the spring compressor to take ur old springs off and the new ones on....wait ur just gona need them to put on since ur gona take off ur stock springs and shocks
Old 01-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Then you're gonna need UCAs, maybe something for vibes & at least bigger tires.....and not necessarily in that order
Old 01-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande View Post
i hav read that its not a good idea to set ur Billies over .85 with the Eibach springs....and yes u will need to get the spring compressor to take ur old springs off and the new ones on....wait ur just gona need them to put on since ur gona take off ur stock springs and shocks
Toytec said I could set the front billies at 1.75" with no issues. I will double check before I do it.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #6

I got the front Eibach shocks on and front billies. Will put on the AALs tomorrow.

Here are my stock suspension heights:

Front

Rear

Here is the front measurement after 5100s set at .85 and toytec Eibach shock

I got a solid 3 inches in the front w that setup

It was a mother f!@&ker getting them in. I probably did it wrong. I disconnected the sway bar and lower arm and pulled the shocks out that way while pushing the lower arm down. This is my first time to attempt this ever, so cut me some slack.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
nice! you'll end up with about 2.5" of lift once everything settles
Old 01-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2375 View Post
hey schleygo, did your aal have the friction pad on both ends of the leaf?
Yes they did. I guess yours didn't?

I will be getting a set of used FJ wheels and Falken ATs, there is a great deal at my local tire shop.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty much the exact same set up I have...I need to get around to raising up my 5100's to .85"
Old 01-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Pretty much the exact same set up I have...I need to get around to raising up my 5100's to .85"

Did you do the install yourself? The front shocks and springs were a mother to get in.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #13

Lift completed

All finished up

Stock

Lifted= 5100's all around. Fronts set at .85. Eibach springs, and 2" Toytec AALs

Look at those iddy biddy tires.

Next step is FJ Wheels and Falken Mountaineer ATs.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
gonna look sweet with the new rims/tires. r u getting the bronze fj wheels or the regular ones?
The bronze FJ wheels are expensive!! I was leaning more towards the alloys, a lot cheaper, and craigslist always has em.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #17
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Did you install top plate spacer to account for lean?
Old 01-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nevernind just saw it any spacer on pass side
Old 01-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #19

Any vibes
Old 01-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
Any vibes
I did a series of "vibe tests" to see what I would get. Heavy acceleration, constant speed at 30, 40, 50, 60mph, and heavy braking. I got no vibes at all.

The lift w billies stiffened up the ride. I personally think it made the truck feel a lot better. It does not feel like it is "swimming" down the road. It stays planted to the road.

I did use a spacer for "toyota lean" but no spacer on right driver side.