Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Longer U-bolts for AAL?

Old 01-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
NEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to behold

NEMESISVETTE's Tacoma Gallery
Longer U-bolts for AAL?

Sorry to make a thread for such a simple Question but I have searched and I have read different opinions. I even talked with a few Vendors and got two different answers.
Ok the Truck is a 07 4 door Prerunner Sport. I ordered 5100's all way around and a 2" AAL.
My Question is : Do I need longer U-bolts for my 2" AAL? My truck only has 3 leafs as of now. My U-bolts are showing half inch of thread now with the 3 leafs I have.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't with my AAL but It might be a good idea to do it hell it's only like $30 bucks for longer ones.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
or get a ubolt flip kit...
Old 01-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't need any for my 2" AAL w/ the 3leaf pack.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
NEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to behold

NEMESISVETTE's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Nothing better than a answer from someone who did it. Thanks guys.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You might not need longer "U" bolts, but you should consider getting new ones. Technically, they are not a re useable part.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
I had the TSB 4 leaf pack and added the TSB "1.5" AAL and used the stock U bolts. Total of 5 leavesssssss.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #8
magixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

magixfinger's Tacoma Gallery
this is very helpful for me

i have rear TSB with 4 leafs pack and also want to add a 1.5 AAL, now that every thing is clear that I don't need a new U bolt, i can just use the stock ubolt. How's the ride with 5 leaf pack, I wonder if there many people have this set up?, Thanks guys for being very helpful in this forum