Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front Higher than Rear

Old 01-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
JGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud of
JGJ's Tacoma Gallery
Front Higher than Rear

I got the full 3" OME lift with 886 coils (heavy) and Toytec AALs on the rear.

My front sits a tad higher than my rear.

I'm afraid to put any weight (trailer, bed cap, etc) for fear it will raelly look saggy.

I want to lift my rear suspension another 1" at most to level it out.

What are my best options?

You can see my truck on my profile pics

Thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I think the bro-lean matches the rockstars perfectly.

But seriously now....did you get the 2" or 1.5" toytec AAL? If you are already at the 2", your options are a 1" block, or you could go with a new 3" leaf pack. I'm not sure anyone makes a 3" AAL.

How long has the front had to settle? Mine took a day or two to sag back down to where it currently sits.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
1" block
Old 01-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
How long have you had the lift installed? You may need to run an 885 coil set up front.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Well since he's a 4x4 DC LB the 886's are probably his best choice cause of the extra weight. But yeah, what size AAL are you running in the back? If you got a full 3"s up front, you will need at least a 2" AAL to level you out. A 1.5" will give you that rear sag for sure. And like the others said, how long have you had that lift setup for? Mine took at least a few weeks to finally settle in, maybe even longer then that.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
probably needs to settle a bit too
Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
you can add a shackle in the rear but then maybe your tires will start to look small. It never ends.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The 886's are only to be used on a truck running a heavy bumber/winch
Sounds likr you got the wrong springs
Old 01-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
JGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud of
JGJ's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, I've had the lift on for at a few months now. So it has had time to settle.

I'm not exactly sure if my aal is 2" or 1.5". Its the standard one that comes with the OME lift from Toytec. Checking their website I can't make out which one it is for certain. http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

I was told by Toytec today that the 886 coils will produce a highr than 3" lift without a aftermarket heavy bumber (as a couple of you have already mentioned).

I like the height of the front - and I'm definately not taking that thing apart again (coil compression, etc). So I think the 1" block is gonna be my best bet at this point.

Thanks for the help guys,