Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Carrier bearing & Axle Shim right away?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
RRDave is on a distinguished road
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
Carrier bearing & Axle Shim right away?

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on install my lift any day now (2.5" front, 1.5" rear) and I'm wondering if I should go ahead install a carrier bearing drop and axle shims right away? Also, what degree shim should I be using and how far should I drop the carrier bearing?

Thanks for any input
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard of people that have needed the shims and cb drop with a 1.5" rear lift and those that don't. Personally speaking, I put a 2" AAL on the back of my truck yada, yada, yada..........I'm installing the shims and cb drop tomorrow because I have some vibes.