Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

looking for 6" lift advice

Old 01-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
looking for 6" lift advice

just got my truck about a month ago, not too sure on what a good lift technically is yet. i've been looking around and all i can honestly come up with is a pro comp or the fabtech. but i don't like the way the diff is dropped so low in the front..

is there any other types of lifts i can use with out dropping the diff so damn low?

not sure, but i saw something about spindle lift's or long travel lifts..something along those lines, however i have no clue what that is
and it would make it so i don't have to drop the diff so low ( not sure if that's true or not)

i just hate the way that looks, hoping there is a way to get around it
Old 01-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
im assuming you are 4wd?? If so, thatg is the only thing you can do, but you can crank the coils so it will raise the diff and the front of your taco
Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
im assuming you are 4wd?? If so, thatg is the only thing you can do, but you can crank the coils so it will raise the diff and the front of your taco
yea, it's a 4wd, not sure what you mean by cranking the coils however
Old 01-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
^^ you can adjust the height of the truck by basically stretching and shrinking the size of the coilovers in the front thats what cranking the coils is
Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
^^ you can adjust the height of the truck by basically stretching and shrinking the size of the coilovers in the front thats what cranking the coils is
yea i'm starting to think that there is no way around it, because increasing the length of the coil overs would just stress the cv boots wouldn't it?
Old 01-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paden View Post
yea i'm starting to think that there is no way around it, because increasing the length of the coil overs would just stress the cv boots bad wouldn't they?
i honestly cant answer that question but from what ive heard (and this also being super briefly) that if you lift a truck and keep the stock UCAs i heard the cv boots rip super fast and its highly recommended to upgrade the UCAs for a smoother ride, cuz i just have a 2.5" spacer in the front with 33s and a stock rear and my stearing wheel is constantly vibrating and shaking, i heard with new UCAs that goes away and its a much better ride, but not completely sure, someone on here will fill you in forsure
Old 01-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
i honestly cant answer that question but from what ive heard (and this also being super briefly) that if you lift a truck and keep the stock UCAs i heard the cv boots rip super fast and its highly recommended to upgrade the UCAs for a smoother ride, cuz i just have a 2.5" spacer in the front with 33s and a stock rear and my stearing wheel is constantly vibrating and shaking, i heard with new UCAs that goes away and its a much better ride, but not completely sure, someone on here will fill you in forsure
so maybe some aftermarket UCA's could match with some long travel shocks or something?? no clue. but i hope you're right about me getting filled in :P

i am sure it will come, TW is a great site
Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #8

haha if you plan on going LT in the future just do it all at once im sure in the end you will save money instead of doing a temporary lift and then LT just do it all and it'll be sick!
yeap fosure dude welcome! your now gonna be on the website more than you drive your truck :P
Old 01-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You can lift your truck up to 8" with no cv problems. If you choose the coilovers in the front, then you can adjust the height of the front. Wich will give you more groundclearence. Spindles are. Fro 2wd only, and long travel is VERY expesive. It is longer uca and lca's and it requires fiberglass fenders and a. Huge list of stuff
Old 01-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #10
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
You can lift your truck up to 8" with no cv problems. If you choose the coilovers in the front, then you can adjust the height of the front. Wich will give you more groundclearence. Spindles are. Fro 2wd only, and long travel is VERY expesive. It is longer uca and lca's and it requires fiberglass fenders and a. Huge list of stuff
do you know what company sells co's that could give me 6 inches of lift up front?

and in the rear? do i just get a nice fat leaf pack or what do i have to do with that?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
Pro comp, icon and fabtech sell 6" coilovers, but you have to use them with their drop bracket kits, you can't just use the coilovers you can adjust the front from 6 to like 8.5 I'm guessing or you can buy the pro comp STAGE 2 lmift that already has cloilovers
Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #12
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
which lift will give me the higher ground clearance underneath the differential??

which coil over/DB combo is most prefered?