Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear TSB appointment

Old 01-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Rear TSB appointment

Got an appointment for the rear TSB springs for next Tuesday at my local dealer. When i called to try to explain to him he acted like he had no clue on what i was talking about and asked me if it made any noise or anything. When i go Tuesday what do i need to tell him or try to explain to him i want done if it qualify's (2008 4x4 4dr 31,800 miles). Said he has never heard of it ?
Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Just tell him it has a harsh ride when the bed is fully loaded. That's all that you need to say to qualify.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
TacoManJay is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
TacoManJay's Tacoma Gallery
oddly enough i just got off the phone with my dealer as well. I'll be going down there next wednesday to get my appointment scheduled.

I'm hoping that if they agree to do it i can get a set of Billstein 5100's up front befor i get it in for the TSB so i can reap the benefits of a free alignment.

this does cover alingning the front as well...right?
Old 01-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Yes they will do an alignment as well... but they might give you shit for the coilovers though.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
OP there is a PDF in this thread you need to take with you. It states everything they need to do.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post2596134

I actually just got mine done yesterday. After minimal BS they gladly did it. Ride is a little stiffer but it feels more like a truck now. And it is defiently about 1.5"-2" higher in the rear. Planning on leveling it with some coilovers in the spring.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool so u all think I should order both the front and back Bilsteins with a leaf still or maybe just the front to lift it a little. Do the Bilsteins ride better then stock.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::childstoy:: View Post
Yes they will do an alignment as well... but they might give you shit for the coilovers though.
you mean then might give me shit for having the billsteins on when i come in?

do you think i should wait until after the TSB is done?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #8

Good To Go!

Was in for my evaluation appointment today and all is a go! The service technician told me that would evaluate it and while it's in they'll do a recall job that was to put a flash on the computer for the accelerator problems toyota has been experiencing. it also included shaving down the accelerator pedal and hooking me up with new heavy duty floor mats.

he then came out and told me that they ordered new leaf packs and will call me to schedule the appointment when they arrive. i told him that i was pondering new front adjustable shocks and asked if that would present any warranty problems when coming back to get my TSB done. he said NO.

A+ for Steve at Freedom Toyota in Hamburg, PA today.

to top it off i got a $25 gift card for my troubles.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #9

They actually are not heavy duty floor mats, they shave your gas pedal and give you thinner floor mates. I told them no i didn't want the thin mats and would rather have mine in there.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzdrag3 View Post
They actually are not heavy duty floor mats, they shave your gas pedal and give you thinner floor mates. I told them no i didn't want the thin mats and would rather have mine in there.
Well when i say "heavy duty" i meant that they're heavy duty in comparison to carpet mats. haha
Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #11

gotcha lol.. mine had the rubber mats and he said they would replace them with something tinner, so i was like nahhh lol
Old 02-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #12

Ordered my bilstein 5100's yesterday from DSM. These guys are great. They'll be in on Friday. Can't wait to see what the truck looks like with a tiny lift! I'm probably gonna go with 1.75 up front...

from what i see on here 1.75 lifts the front up nice and the truck will sit pretty level.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #13
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoManJay View Post
Ordered my bilstein 5100's yesterday from DSM. These guys are great. They'll be in on Friday. Can't wait to see what the truck looks like with a tiny lift! I'm probably gonna go with 1.75 up front...

from what i see on here 1.75 lifts the front up nice and the truck will sit pretty level.
1.75 will make the rockers level...but the bed will have rear down rake

.85 will have the bed level or slight up rake like the factory stance.