Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

front sway bar...need help deciding!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Fletcher007 is on a distinguished road
Name: Hollywood
Fletcher007's Tacoma Gallery
front sway bar...need help deciding!

I need help deciding. I was thinking about taking off my front sway bar. I know it gives you better flex on the trail but is it worth it??? I have 5100's up front set at 1.75". please let me now what you think.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
multiple topics on this.....but if you offroad much, take it off. just dont take tight curves like a douche and you'll be fine.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Reepur is on a distinguished road
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
I have had mine off for bout 3 weeks and have no issues. I have no
plans on putting it back on either. I have the billies too.
as jhodge said, just don't hall a$$ thru corners and your fine.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
thanks fellas... is it pretty easy to take off without taking off my 80 pound armor tech bumper and a bunch of other stuff???
Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher007 View Post
thanks fellas... is it pretty easy to take off without taking off my 80 pound armor tech bumper and a bunch of other stuff???
your armor tech skid, correct?? and yes you will have to take it off to get the sway bar out.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
You can get it off without removing your front armor, but you will need to remove the front wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
your armor tech skid, correct?? and yes you will have to take it off to get the sway bar out.
Yeah. Skid. Because them bumpers ain't done yet
Old 01-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
You can get it off without removing your front armor, but you will need to remove the front wheels.
at that point, it's easier to drop the skid on a jack, amiright?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
at that point, it's easier to drop the skid on a jack, amiright?
Just call Larry and have him bench press it.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Just call Larry and have him bench press it.
i wonder if kevin will take an all pooh bumper in on trade
Old 01-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #11

Use it as a parts bumper for his current one?

Man I'm so jazzed to get all my stuff from him but apparently I'm going to be waiting most of 2011.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #12
sorry meant skid plate. I'll tell you what there ain't no skid plate better than an armor tech skid. i put that thing on by myself with nothing but stupid strength...thanks for the info guys!