Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Removing Leafs from all pro.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Removing Leafs from all pro.

I searched and couldn't find info on this..
I'd like to get the all pro leaf packs 3" because they seem to fit
what I'm looking for; they're in my price range, I don't tow, or carry
any weight in the bed, and I have heard several good reviews about them, but my only issue is I'm not looking for 3" of lift more like 1 inch, 2 at the most...

So my questions are:

1: Is this not to difficult to do at home? ( would it just require the same things needed to AAL? Jack, jack stands, c clamps, etc.)

2: Which leafs are alright to remove?

3: How many leafs would need to be taken out to adjust Ride Accordingly?

also if someone could point me to a write up on this (that's not an overload) that I overlooked would be appreciated as well.
Thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
get a 1.5" AAL and call it a night
Old 01-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
x2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplaydamian View Post
Hmm I Got a 1st gen, my bad for not mentioning it but I see your point...

Edit: Just found these on DSM, These could be a good solution for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83
Ok I could do that but would the Ride be worse by adding a leaf compared to a new pack?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

or try these guys....

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504t...eafsprings.htm
Old 01-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #6
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Ummm, you visit the same wheelers? I had trouble getting parts from them numerouse times. I switched to DSM and the parts are delivered that day.

I know many that have had trouble getting their stuff from them.
x2 DSM goes out of their way to help you
Old 01-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Ummm, you visit the same wheelers? I had trouble getting parts from them numerouse times. I switched to DSM and the parts are delivered that day.

I know many that have had trouble getting their stuff from them.
i havent ordered much from wheelers, but what i have ordered has always been quick and easy to work with. havent dealt w/ DSM, but always heard good things.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
Ok thanks for the Info Guys I like the looks of the
Icon AAL, I might do a U-bolt flip while I have it apart,
I think I read on here somewhere you can Get one for under
20$ from trailer Hardware? is this correct?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
I searched and couldn't find info on this..
I'd like to get the all pro leaf packs 3" because they seem to fit
what I'm looking for; they're in my price range, I don't tow, or carry
any weight in the bed, and I have heard several good reviews about them, but my only issue is I'm not looking for 3" of lift more like 1 inch, 2 at the most...

So my questions are:

1: Is this not to difficult to do at home? ( would it just require the same things needed to AAL? Jack, jack stands, c clamps, etc.)

2: Which leafs are alright to remove?

3: How many leafs would need to be taken out to adjust Ride Accordingly?

also if someone could point me to a write up on this (that's not an overload) that I overlooked would be appreciated as well.
Thanks
We don't recommend modifying our leaf packs. We also sell the 1.5" AALs, plus you can get the u-bolt flip kit from us as well.