Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Is there such thing as a GOOD body lift?

Old 01-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
rottentaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
rottentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question Is there such thing as a GOOD body lift?

i have an 07 tacoma access can 4x4 i have a 3" suspension lift already and looking for a decent body lift all i can find on the net is body lifts for a truck w/o factory hitch mine has a hitch is that a problem or am i just lookin in the wrong place? i need my 295/70/17's to fit and i really dont wanna cut up my taco. any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
yes, as long as its no bigger than 1".

I think there are a few good brands out there but I can't remember them. Im sure someone will chime in.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone says no.I assume a 1" is safe but 3" is a no go.i never had a problem with any body lifts but these guys have posted some pretty bad wrecks with body lifts.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Are you re-gearing also because that big of tires with a 2.7 could pose a problem. I would not go crazy with a body lift but I dont see an inch being a problem. 3inch ones just dont look right IMO.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
rottentaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
rottentaco's Tacoma Gallery
i had the 285/75/16 to fit right but i just need a small space to get rid of rubbing does anyone know of a 1" body lift?
Old 01-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i heard that a 1" for our trucks would need to be special made. there are 3" ones around though. not sure how much the 1" would make as far as steering linkage, etc either.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a 3" body lift require mods such as extending the fuel lines and such.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a 3" body lift require mods such as extending the fuel lines and such.
correct...there are 3" BL kits that have all the added parts to make it work.