Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leaf spring center pins????

Old 01-23-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf spring center pins????

I have a quick question for all you... When I did my AAL install I stripped out one of the center pins, and had to go find another one at a hardware store.
Well I had no luck ofcourse, But instead I used a allen head pin. Was wondering if this is ok, or should I just order a new set of center pins?

If you dont know what Im talking about......
Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You used an Allen Head Bolt?

As long as it's tightened properly and the 'head' of the bolt seats into the hole on the spring perch by atleast 1/8" (and that's a guess)...... AND .... your u-bolts are torqued properly and stay torqued....AND you have the proper leaf spring clamps on (to prevent fanning)...

You should be OK.
Making sure your u-bolts are kept tight is the KEY.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
4 wheel parts has the pins for $7 for two.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I did the same, been running the allen head bolt for 50,000 miles now with no problems.
x3^^^^^^^^^ 38k ago
all is well
Old 01-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Awsome! so I shouldnt have any issues.
I just retorqued my suspension yesterday and my u-bolts were pretty loose.
good thing I caught it.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
Sapper26 is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat Engineer...Essayons!!
Name: Will
Sapper26's Tacoma Gallery
I just grinded down a hex head until it fit in the hole. Been running it now for 6k miles and no issues.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #7

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
^^ I did that with my 02 tacoma.
worked like a charm.