Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

spider trax vs. aluminum generic wheel spacers

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
shaman06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
shaman06's Tacoma Gallery
spider trax vs. aluminum generic wheel spacers

I just got a pair of aluminum wheel spacers (2 inch) on my 2006 dcsb with a 3 inch spacer lift and aal, I heard people on here say that they are bad and if you get them get spider trax, aren't they both just a piece of metal with some screws and lug nuts? I'm not sure but I want to know your thoughts
Old 01-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
i know a couple guys who run cheap ebay wheel spacers with no problems. i honestly couldnt tell the difference between those and Spidertraxx besides spidertraxx being blue. i guess your just paying for the name
Old 01-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

does anyone on her run Allpro spacers? havent heard to much about them
Old 01-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
wow. 2" wheel spacer is big.

the generic spacers will prob work just fine if you dont beat on your truck.

spidertrax are good becuase they are hub centric
Old 01-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Do u have stock wheels? Can you post pics?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Im running AP 1.5" spacer, I haven't had a problem yet...

Old 01-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
sam_i02 is on a distinguished road

Name: Samir
sam_i02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
does anyone on her run Allpro spacers? havent heard to much about them
I have the AP 1-1/2 spacers all round too. No problems so far - been about 8 months. Truck is a daily driver and occasionally a snow-machine. Not a whole lot of off road otherwise.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
I have a 3 inch lift with 285/75/16s and they did NOT rub before, after the wheel spacers they RUB ALOT on the body so there is no way to fix it, this sucks. Now I have to take them off.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
I have baja champ black 16 inch wheels and yokohoma Geolander 285's
Old 01-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #14
Not at all!! i thought it would help if anything not make it rub :/
Old 01-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #17

Old 01-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #18
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman06 View Post
aren't they both just a piece of metal with some screws and lug nuts?
Basically yes, but they are very critical pieces. If a spacer cracks or a wheel stud breaks, your wheel can fall off. Buying from a known brand like Spidertrax or All-Pro gives some assurance that there was some degree of quality control involved in the wheel spacer's manufacture.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
If i decide to leave these on how do i know if they are hub centric? and are these generic spacers really that dangerous if i dont do any havey off roading?
Old 01-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #20

why would you even think of leaving them on? do you only have them on the front or all around?