Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

10" Travel 5125's

Old 01-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
10" Travel 5125's

10.17" travel, 25.93" extended, 15.91" collapsed.

Anyone running these with a 1.5" AAL? I currently have 5100's for the 1.5" lift but with sway bar removed may get more travel out of the 5125's. Guess I could remove a shock and measure full travel but the hospital is keeping me so busy I barely have much time at home.

Basically looking to find out if I did upgrade, would the collapsed length be my issues? and need to modify bump stops or is someone else with a 1.5" AAL running this shock?

I know ICON sells their rear shocks with the 1.5" AAL and I believe their extended length is 24"?? but not sure total travel.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
you said it yourself, the best thing to do is actually measure collpased and extended
Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Damn you Patrick!

I'll prob have a little time tomorrow after work to lift it and see. Searched and see lots of people running 5125's but can't seem to figure out what spec's as they come in many?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Damn you Patrick!

I'll prob have a little time tomorrow after work to lift it and see. Searched and see lots of people running 5125's but can't seem to figure out what spec's as they come in many?
as to my understanding, thr 5125's are a more custom shock than the 5100, i will most likely go this route with my alcans. well now that i've seen you wheel you might want to consider the 5150!!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
You most likely will bottom out the shock before bottoming out your springs on the bump stops. I would look into getting Fox, Kings, SAW, or Icon OEM replacement rear shocks. even though they dont give you that travel number they will ride WAY better than the Bilsteins.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
You need new bumpstops with that shock because not only is the shock longer collapsed but the adapter to run them also adds length but on the other end you get miles of droop.

Note the custom bumps. You can either go timbrens or chose whatever other one you want and weld it on there. You will need new brake lines as well. I'm not sure if a 1.5" aal will give you enough up travel. The truck pictured has about 3" till the bumps touch but they give a ton more than the rock hard stock ones. He's running a 3" all pro pack.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #7
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
@10" of travel the 5150's I've been using are 25.91 and 15.89.
I measured the gap between the bump stops and the frame @ 4.5".
They'll hit before the shock does.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:46 AM   #8
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Im runnin 5125's with a 1.5aal but i have no idea on measurements. so ultimately im useless here haha, if your still curious in Feb ill be home and ill be putting new leafs in i can check
Old 01-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #9

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I think I've got 4" to bump stop at ride height. Shock measures 20"- 4" would give me 16" collapsed length (not including length of adaptor)? Is that right? That's cutting it close.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #10
weazel is on a distinguished road

weazel's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100 with 10" travel from DSM with the new All pro expo springs. The shock has a 16.34 compression and 27.28 extension with this setup my shock has 4" of compression which concerns me a little. I was looking for more extension which I have 6" and with these springs should work out great. I sit at 40" off ground with 285 I do not think I can bottom out the shock (camping vehicle) but bump stops will be set. I would say with that setup you will not have enough compression the adapter is going to kill it. The DSM shock would be better because it does not need the adapter Bilstein be5-b110 call Marco first time meeting him and gave me the time to crawl under my truck.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #11

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
@10" of travel the 5150's I've been using are 25.91 and 15.89.
I measured the gap between the bump stops and the frame @ 4.5".
They'll hit before the shock does.
Do the 5150's have the adaptors as well? Also, do u have stock bump stops. Called Marco at DSM and he said the collapsed length would be my issue but that he's never had a collapsed measurement with the 1.5" lift so he's curious too. Said the adaptor will also add another inch, which won't help me. But looks like ridingtontrd is running it. I'll pull the shock and stuff it and see what up. It won't jack the rear doing that will it? I'm sure the spring will still keep it at ride height right?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Do the 5150's have the adaptors as well? Also, do u have stock bump stops. Called Marco at DSM and he said the collapsed length would be my issue but that he's never had a collapsed measurement with the 1.5" lift so he's curious too. Said the adaptor will also add another inch, which won't help me. But looks like ridingtontrd is running it. I'll pull the shock and stuff it and see what up. It won't jack the rear doing that will it? I'm sure the spring will still keep it at ride height right?
well you could go all out and get the 5160 which fits right in with out a stem to eye adaptor
Old 01-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #13
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
is TC the only company that makes an adapter?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
is TC the only company that makes an adapter?
no, most suspension shops have them
Old 01-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed...
Old 01-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
no, most suspension shops have them
cool. i wanna buy fox 2.0 smooth bodies, but i need an adapter to run them.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #17
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
a 10" is going to be too long if it has an eye top on it.

The only 10" shocks that we have found to work with the 2nd gens are 10" Stem top Fox 2.0s that you can buy from DSM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #18
and in case people were wondering this is what the stem to eye is

Old 01-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
a 10" is going to be too long if it has an eye top on it.

The only 10" shocks that we have found to work with the 2nd gens are 10" Stem top Fox 2.0s that you can buy from DSM.
DSM has a 8.5" which is what im interested in buying, but i need the adapter to use them.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #20
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
DSM has a 8.5" which is what im interested in buying, but i need the adapter to use them.
The shocks I'm taking about are not on their site they used to be special order. and These would be better. they bump out at the same as the 8.5"s but you get 1.75" more down travel. and they are the same price. Talk to Sonny or Marco and ask them about the 10" stem tops or the "oakleytrd shocks" they'll know what ones you are talking about.